New laws coming?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

Re: New laws coming?

#1171 Post by Airbrush »

Chapuis wrote:
Airbrush wrote:BASC were useless, just as I expected.
I'm just wondering why you said that Airbrush, surely it's a bit outside of their normal remit isn't it.
I don't think there are many .50 calibre rifles being used for stalking and I wouldn't think that the MARS would be the best of foxing rifles either.
Did you watch the 2 'Experts' from BASC give evidence?

As for MARS not being good for a foxing rifle I've no idea but a SGC LR would be an ideal foxing rifle imo.
Chapuis

#1172 Post by Chapuis »

Airbrush wrote:
Chapuis wrote:
Airbrush wrote:BASC were useless, just as I expected.
I'm just wondering why you said that Airbrush, surely it's a bit outside of their normal remit isn't it.
I don't think there are many .50 calibre rifles being used for stalking and I wouldn't think that the MARS would be the best of foxing rifles either.

As for MARS not being good for a foxing rifle I've no idea but a SGC LR would be an ideal foxing rifle imo.
No I didn't watch them give evidence, what did I miss.

Would this is available on BBC I player or you tube or some other catch up service?
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#1173 Post by 20series »

https://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/Ind ... c3365d27de

Alan

As for MARS not being good for a foxing rifle I've no idea but a SGC LR would be an ideal foxing rifle imo.[/quote]

No I didn't watch them give evidence, what did I miss.

Would this is available on BBC I player or you tube or some other catch up service?[/quote]
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Chapuis

#1174 Post by Chapuis »

Thank you for the link 20 Series. I had read a transcript but didn't know that it was televised.
Has the NRA or any other shooting organisations sat before the committee yet?
proteus
Home club or Range: Bisley

#1175 Post by proteus »

BamBam wrote:
Pinguino wrote:Interesting facts from today's committee stage oral submissions regarding Offesnive Weapons Bill

Up to 31st March 2018

Total number of Firearms Certificates = 157,581
Total number of Firearms held = 577,547

Total number of Shotgun Certificates = 567,047
Total number of shotguns = 1,359,368

In 2018 so far, 39 rifles and 165 shotguns have been stolen from certificate holders

Total number of firearms with muzzle energy above 13,600 joules = 129
This tells me we need more people with certificates.

Agreed - and also tells me that MPs will quite happily ignore us as we have almost no clout :cry:

I received a stock response from my useless MP (not the first time) - he's a total waste of space :bad:
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#1176 Post by snayperskaya »

Has anyone received a response from their MP that isn't a copy and paste reply?.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#1177 Post by DanTheMan »

snayperskaya wrote:Has anyone received a response from their MP that isn't a copy and paste reply?.
Mine was from the Woking MP, short but he was against the changes as below
Jonathan Lord wrote: I agree with you and I’m fully engaged with this issue. I’ve now spoken three times to the relevant Minister, Nick Hurd. Amendments to the Bill are possible, and I’m working hard to that end…

With best wishes.

Kind regards,

Jonathan Lord MP
Member of Parliament for Woking
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#1179 Post by bnz41 »

snayperskaya wrote:Has anyone received a response from their MP that isn't a copy and paste reply?.
Yes got a letter through the post that she (my local lady MP is against anyone having firearms not even the police) has taken time in writing on a computer or someone did and she signed it. But still it's a reply a month to the day I sent her a email about our concerns banning something that has never been used in any form of crime.
She also states ref .50 cal (quote,,,, I understand that these rifles are more powerful than standard British Army rifles) ER don't the Army have .50cals then.....

But she goes through the reasons why it is the Goverments & MP's duty to keep the public safe.

I did not vote for her.
Rockhopper

#1180 Post by Rockhopper »

They have a small number of M82's but its by no means the "standard Army rifle".