Shooting on mod ranges

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

Shooting on mod ranges

#1 Post by the running man »

Can someone point me in the direction of the correct site please, I'm trying to figure out the mechanism and cost of our club using an mod range ourselves, I know u used to have to register with landmark and pay a yearly fee and that's as far as my knowledge goes, any costs and help would be appreciated......
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Shooting on mod ranges

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

What area are you in.
You need to be a approved club and registered as such.
You need to be affiliated to the National rifle association.(NRA)
You need to have NRA range conductiong officers.
You need safe shooters certicates for your members.
You need insurance to be in place to cover you for public liability.
You need to register your club with landmarc the Club secretary usually does this.
You will need to apply for a range licence for any of the range complexes you wish to use. You have to pay for the range licence they last for one year so you need to renew each year.They will give you a unique number that you use for booking ranges. This will allow you to bid for ranges using there on line booking system. You will need to submit a risk assesment for any of the ranges you want to use.
Ranges in my area are typically £38 per lane and you have to pay for a minimum of four lanes plus the range wardens time that can cost you up to eight hours at typicaly £28 per hour.

Straight forward really lollol
the running man

#3 Post by the running man »

Yes we are home office approved,and have rcos and certs and insurance,it's the registration with landmarc and associated costs I was really hoping nail down,we are in the south west so yoxter would be preferable but also rogeit moor would also be nice!
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#4 Post by dromia »

You really need to speak with Landmark for your specific area.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#5 Post by Alpha1 »

Contact your local booking office they will have all the info you need.
the running man

#6 Post by the running man »

That makes sense,Ile give them an email,thanks for the info..
TRG-22
Home club or Range: Make me an offer.

#7 Post by TRG-22 »

Alpha1 wrote:What area are you in.
You need to be a approved club and registered as such.
You need to be affiliated to the National rifle association.(NRA)
You need to have NRA range conductiong officers.
You need safe shooters certicates for your members.
You need insurance to be in place to cover you for public liability.
You need to register your club with landmarc the Club secretary usually does this.
You will need to apply for a range licence for any of the range complexes you wish to use. You have to pay for the range licence they last for one year so you need to renew each year.They will give you a unique number that you use for booking ranges. This will allow you to bid for ranges using there on line booking system. You will need to submit a risk assesment for any of the ranges you want to use.
Ranges in my area are typically £38 per lane and you have to pay for a minimum of four lanes plus the range wardens time that can cost you up to eight hours at typicaly £28 per hour.

Straight forward really lollol
Apologies for the resurrection, but please tell me that this is all within the last 40-odd years, and that I wasn't totally delinquent when I was secretary of the rifle club at uni in the early 70's...

We were affiliated and HO registered.

Any insurance we had was whatever the Student's Union organised.

Nobody had any qualifications.

And I don't remember paying a bean to use the range (indoor .22 and outdoor pistol) at RAF Uxbridge, nor for storing our weapons and ammo in their armoury. I and another guy even kept our personal weapons there - I know it was a different world back then, but not so different that students could keep 9mm handguns in their hall rooms, so the MoD armoury it had to be...
Tory voters. Next election. Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.