Variation

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Keithkilvo1
Home club or Range: ARPC

Variation

#1 Post by Keithkilvo1 »

Just a quick one
I’ve sent in my licence today as I wish to change an existing slot (for a 9mm) to one for .44.
Am I right in thinking this would be classed as a free 1 for 1 variation

Cheers
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Variation

#2 Post by dromia »

Yes.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Keithkilvo1

#3 Post by Keithkilvo1 »

Excellent cheers dromia
Keithkilvo1

#4 Post by Keithkilvo1 »

Received variation back today goodjob Thames Valley Police
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#5 Post by kennyc »

well got my variation application back today as well. they were unable to proceed with it as the disposed of rifle was still showing as on my licence, this despite me following the system that they have said they prefer, ie:email notification! (done before the variation was sent in) poor show TVP !!
to prevent a re-occurence of this I will do what they have specifically asked me not to do in the past.... I will send a hardcopy of the notification to them!
the annoying thing is they insist on multiple forms of contact info, yet when it would have been useful to use them...they just take the lazy route and send the form back!
Rockhopper

#6 Post by Rockhopper »

On the variation form did you fill in the bit that asks you if you have any firearms showing on your ticket that you’d like to have removed?
kennyc

#7 Post by kennyc »

Rockhopper wrote:On the variation form did you fill in the bit that asks you if you have any firearms showing on your ticket that you’d like to have removed?
yes I did. the problem is that they hadn't amended my records at the time the variation form was processed, so the disposed of rifle still showed as in my possesion, moral of the story is that each step of the process proceeds at its own speed, they had 4 working days before they returned my forms, apparently that wasn't enough time for the notification to show in the system, I have resubmitted the forms with a hard copy of the sales receipt (something I have specifically been told not to do by them in the past)
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#8 Post by Dark Skies »

And just for future ref. Thames Valley Police are fine with you hanging on to your current FAC and sending in a photocopy until the variation has been done. Return your old FAC when satisfied that the new one is correct. I always use registered mail just in case it goes astray - and email the firearms dept to tell them it's on its way.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Rockhopper

#9 Post by Rockhopper »

In praise of Derbyshire Police I sent in for a variation plus my change of address, four days after posting the application they rang me with a query and said I’d have my paperwork back in a few days. Impressive stuff.
kennyc

#10 Post by kennyc »

Dark Skies wrote:And just for future ref. Thames Valley Police are fine with you hanging on to your current FAC and sending in a photocopy until the variation has been done. Return your old FAC when satisfied that the new one is correct. I always use registered mail just in case it goes astray - and email the firearms dept to tell them it's on its way.
they specifically asked for my current FAC to be returned with the form, and I'm still awaiting acknowledgement of my last 1/2 doz emails :p