Variation

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: Variation

#21 Post by kennyc »

from TVP's website form 201

You may type your responses except where your signature is required. Otherwise, please use black ink and write in BLOCK CAPITALS throughout, except when signing. A continuation sheet is provided at page 4 for further information.
NOTE: THE CERTIFICATE TO BE VARIED MUST BE ENCLOSED WITH THIS FORM
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#22 Post by Dark Skies »

kennyc wrote:from TVP's website form 201

You may type your responses except where your signature is required. Otherwise, please use black ink and write in BLOCK CAPITALS throughout, except when signing. A continuation sheet is provided at page 4 for further information.
And yet each and every time I've followed the guide that says send a copy and they've been fine with it.
Indeed in the case of my second variation (last year) I had sold a rifle and wished a replacement as one for one.
I emailed them a scanned copy of the competed form for the variation, with the attached disposal note from the RFD I'd dealt with, and a copy of my FAC. When the new one arrived I sent the old one back in the envelope it had arrived in with Return To Sender
No problems at all.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
kennyc

#23 Post by kennyc »

Dark Skies wrote:
kennyc wrote:from TVP's website form 201

And yet each and every time I've followed the guide that says send a copy and they've been fine with it.
Indeed in the case of my second variation (last year) I had sold a rifle and wished a replacement as one for one.
I emailed them a scanned copy of the competed form for the variation, with the attached disposal note from the RFD I'd dealt with, and a copy of my FAC. When the new one arrived I sent the old one back in the envelope it had arrived in with Return To Sender
No problems at all.
whether they accept it or not, they ask specifically for the original to be sent in, as far as I am aware, the only time a photocopy is acceptable is during your renewal, a firearms dept not following its own rules is not exactly an unknown event is it ?
kennyc

#24 Post by kennyc »

well colour me impressed! just got my variation back! very impressed with the speed, despite the hiccup, they have managed to turn it around in less than a week!
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

#25 Post by HH1 »

Here in Cheshire we ALWAYS send in our Original certificates for variations. They are generally good at getting them processed within a week or two.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#26 Post by Blackstuff »

I've never sent my original, or copy certificate with any renewal or variation. I pick up my amended certificate at their building and hand over the old one there. Never had any issues or advice to the contrary <touches wood>.

If i'm down the other end of the country and in the (admittedly unlikely) event a copper confiscates my guns they'll be going to the local lock up and i'd need to go all the way home to get my certificate to bring back down to them to get them back :bad: No chance, i've always just put a note on to say I need it for travel and buying ammo and they've always been ok with that. :good:
DVC
jimbo303

#27 Post by jimbo303 »

I have just had a variation with TVP - noted their requirment re Original as mentioned.

Went to Kidlington with variation form and explained I needed to retain my Original as I was requiring ammunition that weekend from Bisley. Very helpful lady said she would just take a copy which she did and that was that. When new ticket lands in next day or so I will just return old one as I did when I last moved house - but as mentioned previously, I always send correspondence on such matters recorded as a back up.

J