Merseyside Police visiting people with 12 or more guns.....

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
NoEntry
Home club or Range: Phoenix Shooters Association. Grange Rifle and Pistol Club. Jersey Pistol Club

Re: Merseyside Police visiting people with 12 or more guns..

#91 Post by NoEntry »

MistAgain wrote:
Sim G wrote:Never heard of such a thing.

Jane Kennedy is Merseyside PCC. She is the one, elected to, hold the Chief Constable to account for his policies and performance. You want things to change with your local force? Rattle the PCCs cage!

Phone number
0151 777 5155

Email Address
info@merseysidepcc.info

Postal Address
Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Merseyside,
Wavertree Road Police Station,
Liverpool,
L7 1RJ.
Could this be the same Jane Kennedy who was an MP back in the handgun ban days ?

If so , she is 100% anti shooting .

I have a feeling that she might have been one of the Labour MP's who at the time wanted a total ban of all shooting , but I could be wrong .
I believe it is the same Jane Kennedy
Sim G
Past Supporter

#92 Post by Sim G »

All the more reason to rattle her cage!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#93 Post by Mattnall »

MistAgain wrote:And even more problems for the shooting community in Merseyside .

It seems that RFD's , FAC & SGC holders will soon be receiving unannounced visits from the Force Architectural Liaison & Community Engagement Officer .
And if it is an unannonced visit it will be inconvenient and they should be asked to make an appointment for a more convenient time.

This is the law. They cannot just turn up unannounced and demand entry, or if they do you don't have to comply.
The courts take a dim view of it and all police forces have been told to toe the line as claims for trespass, assault and false imprisonment have cost them all dearly and they more than often lose.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
MistAgain

#94 Post by MistAgain »

Merseyside Police are now contacting RFD's telling them they cannot renew their registrations without a letter from their GP .

The letter I saw last night stated " the provision of a simple print out of my medical history will not be acceptable ".

But the Merseyside Police website states "In the event that a GP refuses to provide a letter you can request a copy of your medical records under Section 3 of the Access to Health Records Act 1990 from the person or body holding them."
MistAgain

#95 Post by MistAgain »

Merseyside Police are still working very hard to eradicate gun crime from the streets of Liverpool .

It seems that last night at least 10 of them made an unannounced visit to a local club .

The team comprised of 4 members of the firearms registry , 4 uniformed police officers , 1 member of the MATRIX team , 1 firearms officer , and one smartly dressed man in civilian clothes .

Plus whoever was in the 2 squad cars parked outside .

No doubt Liverpool residents feel safer today !