Bolt action/Straight pull

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

Re: Bolt action/Straight pull

#21 Post by Mattnall »

Blackstuff wrote: Whenever a straight-pull actually goes onto the Possessed part of the FAC mine has always said 'bolt-action'. The force next to me always puts 'straight-pull' 8-)
The Possessed table doesn't ask for action so no need to state it. It only asks for "Quantity, calibre, Maker's name and type of firearm, Identification number or mark", exactly the same as on the request form and the acquired part of the FAC. Type is rifle, shotgun, ML pistol, etc.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#22 Post by Blackstuff »

Its been on every FAC I've ever owned and all the ones (from other force areas) I can recall seeing wtf

And I've just noticed my MARS rifle is down as a 'bolt-action' 8-) Maybe if they are banned and I just keep quiet it'll go unnoticed O:-) lol
Attachments
FAC List.jpg
DVC
Blackstuff

#23 Post by Blackstuff »

Also on Durhams transfer notice
Attachments
TRANSFER OF FIREARM FORM TEMPLATE V1.1.pdf
(175.05 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
DVC
Mattnall

#24 Post by Mattnall »

It is only required that you notify them of the type and not the action on the table.
The forms that the various police forces circulate that they would like you to use to inform them of the transfer are not legal requirements, only the fact that you need to inform them is.
Straight pull is bolt action just without the lever turning, only the bolt.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#25 Post by safetyfirst »

Mattnall wrote:It is only required that you notify them of the type and not the action on the table.
The forms that the various police forces circulate that they would like you to use to inform them of the transfer are not legal requirements, only the fact that you need to inform them is.
Straight pull is bolt action just without the lever turning, only the bolt.
Indeed. I email them the details, they love it as they can copy and paste.
Blackstuff

#26 Post by Blackstuff »

Mattnall wrote:It is only required that you notify them of the type and not the action on the table.
On the variation request yes (although plenty of FLDs do require it), but it is required and stated on the Firearms Possessed section of the FAC
Attachments
Action stated.jpg
Action stated.jpg
DVC
Mattnall

#27 Post by Mattnall »

Blackstuff wrote:
On the variation request yes (although plenty of FLDs do require it), but it is required and stated on the Firearms Possessed section of the FAC
The Firearms Possessed section is filled out by the FLD (from the national database) not the seller, which is why it is often wrong. You as FAC buyer or seller don't have to mention the action on Table 1 of the FAC or on the notification, and you don't have to use the FLD provided form.