Bisley electronics

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Bisley electronics

#1 Post by Pete »

Following a cracking morning on Century yesterday at 600yds, the lunchtime chinwag over an all-day breakfast in Lord Roberts cafe turned to target faces. We were on lane 37 which is now electronic and the aiming marks are the correct diameter for TR shooters using aperture sights.
As there's no white spot at the centre, it makes aiming with a scope a bit more tricky, especially with mirage.
(We normally use an F-class face, so we set up the monitor to score for F-class.)

So the questions are: would a central white spot adversely affect aiming with aperture sights, and would it matter if an F-class aiming mark was the same size as the TR one at 600yds, as long as it had the white spot?

Any opinions?

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
artiglio

Re: Bisley electronics

#2 Post by artiglio »

Out of preference , i’d like an fclass face with white spot, but fair compromise would be just a white spot.
How many sets do they have at 600? Are they all tr faces?
kevinww

#3 Post by kevinww »

We've been using electronic targets at our club for a few years and the problem with the white spot on the face is it will get shot out long before the face material needs replacing. If bisley E-targtes are like ours then its not a face you see, its an aperture in a white face the diameter of the required target for the distance, the black is the membrane that picks up the shot.
Pete
Past Supporter

#4 Post by Pete »

I would love to be able to say the white dot wouldn't last when we're shooting, especially at 1000yds.......!!
I think the Intarso's incorporate a stuck on black disc......last week on Stix, two of them were clearly peeling off from one corner.

Pete
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#5 Post by kennyc »

used the electronics at 900/1000 yds today, we had a white spot on the target,everyone else just a plain black target, to be honest at the distance involved, and the heat haze the white spot didnt amke any difference, especially with my K31 (I could only see the black! ) this is the first time we've used the electronics, but with the exception of a few shots that weren't picked up we were very happy with them.
rox

#6 Post by rox »

kennyc wrote:used the electronics at 900/1000 yds today, we had a white spot on the target,everyone else just a plain black target, to be honest at the distance involved, and the heat haze the white spot didnt amke any difference, especially with my K31 (I could only see the black! ) this is the first time we've used the electronics, but with the exception of a few shots that weren't picked up we were very happy with them.
What proportion of shots weren't picked-up?

I've been using them around 3 times a week since installation, and giving feedback to Intarso on issues. Prior to mid January I saw between 1 shot in 30 and 1 in 50 were either not registered or registered, but scored as zero, or registered incorrectly at the bottom edge of the target. After 2 software updates based on that feedback I've probably now had 1500 to 2000 rounds on them without definite missed shots.
joe

#7 Post by joe »

How large is the 1000 yard Target rifle target black circle / bull ?
Pete
Past Supporter

#8 Post by Pete »

Aiming mark is 48"
V bull is 14.4"
Bull 24"
Inner 48"
Magpie 72"
Outer 96"

Pete (afaik)
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#9 Post by kennyc »

rox wrote:
kennyc wrote:used the electronics at 900/1000 yds today, we had a white spot on the target,everyone else just a plain black target, to be honest at the distance involved, and the heat haze the white spot didnt amke any difference, especially with my K31 (I could only see the black! ) this is the first time we've used the electronics, but with the exception of a few shots that weren't picked up we were very happy with them.
What proportion of shots weren't picked-up?

I've been using them around 3 times a week since installation, and giving feedback to Intarso on issues. Prior to mid January I saw between 1 shot in 30 and 1 in 50 were either not registered or registered, but scored as zero, or registered incorrectly at the bottom edge of the target. After 2 software updates based on that feedback I've probably now had 1500 to 2000 rounds on them without definite missed shots.
probably around 5% registered but not marked
rox

#10 Post by rox »

kennyc wrote:probably around 5% registered but not marked
So was it like the photo below, i.e. system records a zero but no indication of shot on target (and unfeasible values for X-Y position in mins or mm)?