Bisley electronics

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: Bisley electronics

#11 Post by kennyc »

got to say, did'nt look that far into it, the shot count was correct however the indicated hits would be one or two less than the count, it was the first time we had used them and to be honest shooting unsupported at 1000 yrds with tangent iron sights I was happy to see any hits lollol
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#12 Post by TattooedGun »

kennyc wrote:got to say, did'nt look that far into it, the shot count was correct however the indicated hits would be one or two less than the count, it was the first time we had used them and to be honest shooting unsupported at 1000 yrds with tangent iron sights I was happy to see any hits lollol
Sounds like it was more likely shooter error than target error then....
kennyc

#13 Post by kennyc »

TattooedGun wrote:
kennyc wrote:got to say, did'nt look that far into it, the shot count was correct however the indicated hits would be one or two less than the count, it was the first time we had used them and to be honest shooting unsupported at 1000 yrds with tangent iron sights I was happy to see any hits lollol
Sounds like it was more shooter error than target error then....
I would accept that for unregistered shots, but registered but not scored ? besides I was giving feed back not criticising, and the other club memebers had similar results using scopes and various calibres, and as I know they can consistently hit the target at that range I suspect the user error would come in as missed shots, which we all own up to green55
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#14 Post by TattooedGun »

kennyc wrote:
TattooedGun wrote:
Sounds like it was more shooter error than target error then....
I would accept that for unregistered shots, but registered but not scored ? besides I was giving feed back not criticising, and the other club memebers had similar results using scopes and various calibres, and as I know they can consistently hit the target at that range I suspect the user error would come in as missed shots, which we all own up to green55
Honestly, I don't know how the targets work. Would shots that just miss register? Is it a Piezo system (sound) Maybe a near miss might trigger the sound sensors. Maybe I'm just talking bumf.

I'm just ribbing ya anyways. I wouldn't even bother with tangent irons at 1000! :o
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#15 Post by mag41uk »

My 223 is fine at 900 but more than half the shots at 1000 don't register.
Not enough oomph left!
kennyc

#16 Post by kennyc »

1000 yard screen k31 with issued sights unsupported (Just rolling out the excuses in advance )Image

Sent from my mobile using "An application"
rox

#17 Post by rox »

mag41uk wrote:My 223 is fine at 900 but more than half the shots at 1000 don't register.
Not enough oomph left!

The Intarso system was selected in part because it doesn't (shouldn't, at least) depend on supersonic arrivals, being an enclosed system that detects the projectile passing through a membrane in a chamber.

Having had months of very frequent use without problems, today I had 5 shots out of 45 that weren't registered. Of the 40 that were registered, 37 were within the Bull and none outside the black; conditions were quite straightforward, and no shots were recorded on neighbouring targets, so the chances of even a single miss were minimal. I estimate my projectiles were arriving at 1200 fps, with the the speed of sound today at 1130. Lack of 'ooomph' shouldn't be a problem in any case, and was unlikely to have been today.