Attention all MARS & Lever release owners

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

Attention all MARS & Lever release owners

#1 Post by Airbrush »

I thought I’d start a separate thread as this could get lost in the new laws thread.

JSC has made some good points on here regarding these rifles & how shooters with a disability is a very strong & positive argument in favour of keeping them, as it could be they will be sacrificed to keep .50 cal.

If you haven’t done so already it’s imperative you contact your MP & make a strong case for these rifles being inclusive (buzzword) for disabled shooters.

Thanks.
Dorset_shooter
Past Supporter

Re: Attention all MARS & Lever release owners

#2 Post by Dorset_shooter »

Airbrush wrote:I thought I’d start a separate thread as this could get lost in the new laws thread.

JSC has made some good points on here regarding these rifles & how shooters with a disability is a very strong & positive argument in favour of keeping them, as it could be they will be sacrificed to keep .50 cal.

If you haven’t done so already it’s imperative you contact your MP & make a strong case for these rifles being inclusive (buzzword) for disabled shooters.

Thanks.
I'm all for supporting the retention of our firearms but do you seriously believe your going to win this based on it being easier for disabled shooters?

Let's turn this on it's head, is there any physically disabled people on this forum that use these type of actions.

Further to that, are there any physical disabled people on this forum that only use this type of firearm because it's the only one they can use?

In the 100 plus pages of the other thread no one has come up with a
Way of actually defending there firearm ownership.

There is a reason the USA has massive organisations defending there firearm laws and not emails to your local MP who incase no one realises , doesn't care.

I might be being negative but your clutching at straws now.
Airbrush

#3 Post by Airbrush »

Yes you are being negative.
Dorset_shooter
Past Supporter

#4 Post by Dorset_shooter »

Sorry you feel that way, could you please answer my questions regarding the number of disabled vs not using mars/lever release rifles. At this point I'll take your argument seriously, and if I don't take it seriously do you really believe a government wanting to ban all firearms will???

I await your statistics.
Airbrush

#5 Post by Airbrush »

Dorset_shooter wrote:Sorry you feel that way, could you please answer my questions regarding the number of disabled vs not using mars/lever release rifles. At this point I'll take your argument seriously, and if I don't take it seriously do you really believe a government wanting to ban all firearms will???

I await your statistics.
Lol, you know I can’t answer that & neither can the government.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#6 Post by snayperskaya »

Dorset_shooter wrote:
Airbrush wrote:I thought I’d start a separate thread as this could get lost in the new laws thread.

Thanks.
I'm all for supporting the retention of our firearms but do you seriously believe your going to win this based on it being easier for disabled shooters?

Let's turn this on it's head, is there any physically disabled people on this forum that use these type of actions.

Further to that, are there any physical disabled people on this forum that only use this type of firearm because it's the only one they can use?

There is a reason the USA has massive organisations defending there firearm laws and not emails to your local MP who incase no one realises , doesn't care.

So are you saying that all MARS and Lever Release owners and the rest of the shooting community should roll over, sell their guns and take up knitting or basket-weaving???........it may be .50 calibre/MARS/Lever Release today but tomorrow it could be straight-pulls, semi-auto shotguns or .22lr semi-auto's!!!.It isn't just a case of "winning" this, it is a case of showing we are passionate about our chosen hobby/sport, if we don't do anything then we may as well sell up and move on.

Trouble we have is there are people that are prepared to throw others under the bus in order to protect their interests, but their interests may well be the target of the next raft of proposed bans!.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Dorset_shooter
Past Supporter

#7 Post by Dorset_shooter »

snayperskaya wrote:
Dorset_shooter wrote:

Thanks.

So are you saying that all MARS and Lever Release owners and the rest of the shooting community should roll over, sell their guns and take up knitting or basket-weaving???........it may be .50 calibre/MARS/Lever Release today but tomorrow it could be straight-pulls, semi-auto shotguns or .22lr semi-auto's!!!.It isn't just a case of "winning" this, it is a case of showing we are passionate about our chosen hobby/sport, if we don't do anything then we may as well sell up and move on.

Trouble we have is there are people that are prepared to throw others under the bus in order to protect their interests, but their interests may well be the target of the next raft of proposed bans!.

Sorry you clearly missed the point, I'm not asking people to "roll" over, but stop coming up with bullsh*t reasons like "disabilitys" as your argument. The argument is nothing other than safety of the public. THIS needs to be proven, not just to your local mp but a much bigger audience.

I will not give up my guns without a fight, but you will not find me clutching at straws because you can't some up with anything other than disabled shooters need them.
Airbrush

#8 Post by Airbrush »

Thanks Dorset Shooter for your positive & constructive views.
David TS
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms, LERA, SEESA

#9 Post by David TS »

Dorset_shooter wrote:

Thanks.

I have two questions for you in return.

One, did you respond to the consultation before it closed in December?

Two, have you written to your MP and made the point that the consultation was deeply flawed, factually incorrect, and the proposed firearms ban would add nothing to improve public safety?
Dorset_shooter
Past Supporter

#10 Post by Dorset_shooter »

Airbrush wrote:Thanks Dorset Shooter for your positive & constructive views.

This is the problem with the shooting community, too quick to jump to shut people
Down, I have thought long and hard for ways to defend my sport, I marched and sent letters during the hunting ban. I know vast numbers of people who did the same.

I want things to change, I genuinely believe fullbore forum could start a group that is funded by members to promote our sport, regardless of caliber etc. What doesn't help our cause is various people erratically coming up with half harted arguments with little to no merit.

I will not roll over, I will not give up without a fight, but we need to look at the bigger picture. We need to start defending before it goes to debate.

Our sport provides so many positives people need to focus on, but without promoting it will never get anywhere.

People need to see past guns, see the conservation of countryside , see the employment, see the trade , international competitions etc etc etc

I want a broader shooting community, not people just fighting for .50 cal etc