The end of English shooting YouTube channel

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

Re: The end of English shooting YouTube channel

#11 Post by breacher »

Dark Skies wrote:I'm sure I didn't pooh pooh your words.
Insert hilarious Blackadder "poo pooing" scene :-)
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#12 Post by Dark Skies »

breacher wrote:
Dark Skies wrote:I'm sure I didn't pooh pooh your words.
Insert hilarious Blackadder "poo pooing" scene :-)
I considered it but then I'd be guilty of being obvious.
As guilty as a puppy beside a big pile of poo. :)
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#13 Post by Blackstuff »

If what has come out is all there is its quite disconcerting. As others have said i can't remember his ever saying anything close to 'extreme', its not like he 'did a James Yaeger' and was encouraging people to shoot anyone coming to take guns away!
DVC
breacher

#14 Post by breacher »

Blackstuff wrote:If what has come out is all there is its quite disconcerting. As others have said i can't remember his ever saying anything close to 'extreme', its not like he 'did a James Yaeger' and was encouraging people to shoot anyone coming to take guns away!
He made admissions of sorts in the video but never went into what he actually did or said to render him "unsuitable".

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
JS569
Home club or Range: catterick

#15 Post by JS569 »

I've only ever watched a handful of his videos but he's always come across as a sensible advocate for the sport. However, he's obviously said something which the police don't like in the past and has continued to make controversial points even after a warning/ revocation. However, without knowing the exact context of these it's difficult to say.
Thorney
Home club or Range: Silverstone Shooting Centre

#16 Post by Thorney »

Its stuff like this has has put our plans for a channel on hold over and over again.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#17 Post by Gh0st »

Thorney wrote:Its stuff like this has has put our plans for a channel on hold over and over again.
I dont think it should stop you, but it would certainly make you think twice about claims or recommendations on Law!

We definitely need more channels promoting our sport in the country as there as so many un educated people.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
breacher

#18 Post by breacher »

Its totally unfair that we as a community are held to a higher moral standard than pretty much every other group.

Its something I always quote to the antis - as a group we are more law abiding and more restrained than any other !!!

Of course as a Politician, you can express ANY sentiment in the house of commons and have a total exemption !!!

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#19 Post by Sixshot6 »

breacher wrote:Its totally unfair that we as a community are held to a higher moral standard than pretty much every other group.

Its something I always quote to the antis - as a group we are more law abiding and more restrained than any other !!!

Of course as a Politician, you can express ANY sentiment in the house of commons and have a total exemption !!!
This and the reaction that conservative MP gave pretty much disturbed me. Credit to Cheshire police for not actively investigating (i.e. they saw she was a crank and filed in the gray filing box where all unwanted correspondence goes). Seriously I saw nothing there that was offensive. If you're offended at being called a disgrace and your only response is to block someone and say I'm tattling to the police I can suspect she'll do something worse. Back on topic, I suspect as you said there is more to it, but if opposing the pistol ban is grounds to lose your FAC then two old members of one of my clubs that were actual police should have lost theirs as they flat out openly stated it was nonsense (though it was a private kind of affair).
Bolte
Home club or Range: NRA

#20 Post by Bolte »

Real shame. Crazy times we live in now. ****