The end of English shooting YouTube channel

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: The end of English shooting YouTube channel

#41 Post by Sim G »

He did give facts. There were allegations that were withdrawn. He has a private life he doesn’t want online. He made mistakes. He tried to rectify his behaviour and didn’t to the satisfaction required. His certificates were revoked. BASC told him to keep his head down.

There is a victim in all this, but it’s not him...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#42 Post by GeeRam »

Fedaykin wrote:As far as I can make Police Licensing departments are using as reasons to revoke if you have a public social media presence:

1) Threat to the security of your guns
2) Any opinion expressed that is not wholly supportive of current Licensing policy even if the opinion is expressed by someone else but on your social media channel

Of course find me a word in Firearms licensing that gives any kind of guidance around Social Media usage.
I was at the Met Police Club Secretaries meeting they held back in April, and one of the points they were forcefully putting across was telling clubs to inform their members that it was 'advisable' not to have any social media 'shooting' profile/content at all.....
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#43 Post by Dark Skies »

Facts as in detailed information rather than vague hints left to the imagination.

Withdrawn allegations still have the power to taint. Did they?
Everyone has a private life that they don't want online - it doesn't say anything useful.
He has made mistakes. References to rectify behaviour - and failure to meet them. These could mean anything.

These latter I'm inclined to tie in with keeping his head down with an eye to the future hope of regaining his FAC.
He may be saying that because he's on the naughty step and playing the penitent man in order to humbly hope for his FAC back by playing the game. The penitent man kneels before God.

It would have been helpful if he'd spelled things out. His journey to redemption could have started after that.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
joe

#44 Post by joe »

Dark Skies wrote:Facts as in detailed information rather than vague hints left to the imagination.

Withdrawn allegations still have the power to taint. Did they?
Everyone has a private life that they don't want online - it doesn't say anything useful.
He has made mistakes. References to rectify behaviour - and failure to meet them. These could mean anything.

These latter I'm inclined to tie in with keeping his head down with an eye to the future hope of regaining his FAC.
He may be saying that because he's on the naughty step and playing the penitent man in order to humbly hope for his FAC back by playing the game. The penitent man kneels before God.

It would have been helpful if he'd spelled things out. His journey to redemption could have started after that.
according to his (english shooting) facebook, all this started with some alligation, then after a video he made about the terror attacks at that concert in france ! - about self defence etc, plod paid him a vist about that video!
he also had a video entitled the handgun ban is b**cks
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#45 Post by Blackstuff »

Its all a very strange affair. If he had his FAC revoked 2 years ago why/how did he become a sponsored shooter (for Blue Fieldsports i think the company is called) this year? Also in a Facebook post recently I saw he'd apparently been on a UKPSA Basic Safety Course (the post was made by the people who'd took the course, i just recognised him in the picture)? 5mith
DVC
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#46 Post by TattooedGun »

Blackstuff wrote:Its all a very strange affair. If he had his FAC revoked 2 years ago why/how did he become a sponsored shooter (for Blue Fieldsports i think the company is called) this year? Also in a Facebook post recently I saw he'd apparently been on a UKPSA Basic Safety Course (the post was made by the people who'd took the course, i just recognised him in the picture)? 5mith
With regards to the blue fieldsports, the most obvious answer is that he has a big online following and subscribers on Youtube. They saw a value in him, regardless of the lack of FAC. He might have been trying to do a deal whereby he sold or other financially agreed to pass off his channel to that company...

The UKPSA Course is odd, but if it's shotgun he could have used a section 2 shotgun legitimately to do the course.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#47 Post by Sim G »

Looks like he should really have just faded into the background. His “farewell video” has brought him right back into the lime light. Some of the stories now circulating about him aren’t very good at all!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Hunter87

#49 Post by Hunter87 »

BamBam wrote:Who?
A sad situation Callum was rare in British shooting, a private citizen prepared to put his head above the parapet and promote shooting. Remember he went on the BBC as well. He wasn't always 100% technically right but he always came over as polite and reasonable even when being attacked by others.

Unfortunately the comment section to his videos were full of Americans who didn't understand that the 2nd Amendment does not apply to the UK and British Self defence fantasists who would go into great lengths explaining what they would do to anybody they didn't like and if they could have a Glock to do it all the better!

Unfortunately this exposes or reminds us of a wider issue. The Police are actively looking into Social Media used by those who participating in Sports shooting then using it as an excuse to revoke their SGC and FAC. A number of people have had this happened due to posts put up on Facebook. As a rule I have a no comments about shooting policy on Facebook now and make sure my profile is locked down strongly. It is a worrying precedence that comments made by other people often in different countries can be used as a reason to revoke.

This pretty much leaves RACKNLOAD, Team Wild and Fieldsports Britain as the only UK based Youtube channels still producing regular shooting related content. I am guessing this will send a chill wind through those channels especially RACKNLOAD who has done stuff with Callum and dared to express some personal opinions at times.
Fedaykin
Home club or Range: Cawdor

#50 Post by Fedaykin »

What I said....I think...confused now...late night Coffee bad!
I am Arthur Frayn, and I am Zardoz.
I have lived 300 years...

I am immortal.
I present now my story,
full of mystery and intrigue,
rich in irony, and most satirical.