The end of English shooting YouTube channel

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: The end of English shooting YouTube channel

#51 Post by Blackstuff »

Sim G wrote:Looks like he should really have just faded into the background. His “farewell video” has brought him right back into the lime light. Some of the stories now circulating about him aren’t very good at all!
Agreed. If there is a 'personal behaviour' aspect to this its now far more likely to be rooted out as people have (rightly) become incredulous that the supposed only reason he's had his tickets revoced was his Youtube content troutslapping
DVC
BamBam

#52 Post by BamBam »

Told him recently that he should have kept quiet and sorted his life after the "personal incident" that lost him his certs. He wasn't having any of it.
Pesty
Home club or Range: The Balby Rifle and Revolver Club

#53 Post by Pesty »

These personsal happenings you’ve heard.

Would you or most of us pulled his ticket for them? Would have been happy to have had your ticket pulled for similar? Or is it just something the police over reaching covering their arses would do.

I’ve now read a few things. Probably all hearsay even those I was thinking is that it? Doesn’t mean he’s dangerous or going to go on a gun spree somewhere.

But it’s all hearsay and probably not heard everything.

He seems a likability guy I enjoyed his videos. iMo it would have been better to fade away or full disclosure because this way has just left people speculating.
Hunter87

#54 Post by Hunter87 »

So how is he still a bluefields shooting ambassador when he has had his licence removed wtf
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#55 Post by TattooedGun »

Hunter87 wrote:So how is he still a bluefields shooting ambassador when he has had his licence removed wtf
He had his license removed before they sponsored him.

Presumably they thought they could use his online following to their advantage, or he sold them on the idea...
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#56 Post by breacher »

TattooedGun wrote:
Hunter87 wrote:So how is he still a bluefields shooting ambassador when he has had his licence removed wtf
He had his license removed before they sponsored him.

Presumably they thought they could use his online following to their advantage, or he sold them on the idea...
Or he disclosed the incident to them and they disagreed with the Police response ..........................
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#57 Post by TattooedGun »

breacher wrote:Or he disclosed the incident to them and they disagreed with the Police response ..........................
Possible, of course.

As well as being sarcastic as my signature implies, I'm also exceedingly cynical too... :p
BamBam

#58 Post by BamBam »

The police found him disingenuous as he says in his video and according to the dictionary, adjective- not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.
"this journalist was being somewhat disingenuous as well as cynical"
synonyms:dishonest, deceitful, underhand, underhanded, duplicitous, double-dealing, two-faced, dissembling, insincere, false, lying, untruthful, mendacious;

But then the whole thing can be summed up by meme that is doing the round:

Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#59 Post by Dark Skies »

I'd have thought if his 'transgressions' were serious the police would have Tweeted / FaceBooked / Commented in the local rag alongside an unrelated picture of a pile of guns (mostly beat up old shotguns, BB guns, and rusty replicas and generally patted themselves on the back.
That all we're getting is vague hints without substance suggests the reasons were probably rather petty.
That or because his video comments attracted Americans and their gung-ho comments covering their three favourite subjects:
The right to bear arms against a tyrannical gubermint
Self defence fantasy scenarios
Not coming to save our arses a third time after we gave all our guns away.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Sim G
Past Supporter

#60 Post by Sim G »

From my CID days; a victim of domestic abuse will on average suffer that abuse 34 times before they involve the police. Once the police are involved, on average there will be eight incidents before the victim will support police/intervention. It’s very, very difficult to prosecute if there is no victim evidence, unless testimony can be obtained from an independent and credible, third party witness. There’s an awful lot of stuff than can go on behind closed doors...

I said at the very beginning of this that there is a victim and it’s not Callum. Likewise, as much as people want to believe that it was the thought police and his YouTube channel that brought him crashing down, they are very much mistaken.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!