The end of English shooting YouTube channel

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Cutch
Home club or Range: Glasgow and District Pistol Club

Re: The end of English shooting YouTube channel

#91 Post by Cutch »

Ridiculous really. I watched a few of his videos and gleaned some really helpfully information as i have been starting up in the sport. Always came across as a very sensible shooter that was obviously trying to promote our sport. So if you read this mate you can count me as the one person you helped start in the sport

The FEO's are without a doubt using social media to check us as mine told me on my visit that he was going to someone after me to warn him about some posts he had put up! I was actually looking forward to getting myself a lever release this year but with the current goings on i am worried that will be a waste of time.

Real shame......i think this countrys becoming more and more of a joke.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#92 Post by kennyc »

strewth! go on holiday, and come back to St Callum ! I think DavidTS hit the nail on the head (disclaimer I haven't read all 10 pages, although I have my own view about his channel)
Christel
Site Admin

#93 Post by Christel »

kennyc, somewhere nice?
David TS
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms, LERA, SEESA

#94 Post by David TS »

Cutch wrote:Ridiculous really. I watched a few of his videos and gleaned some really helpfully information as i have been starting up in the sport. Always came across as a very sensible shooter that was obviously trying to promote our sport. So if you read this mate you can count me as the one person you helped start in the sport

The FEO's are without a doubt using social media to check us as mine told me on my visit that he was going to someone after me to warn him about some posts he had put up! I was actually looking forward to getting myself a lever release this year but with the current goings on i am worried that will be a waste of time.

Real shame......i think this countrys becoming more and more of a joke.

And this illustrates exactly my issue with many things that were posted by Callum.

You are a beginner, nothing the matter with that, we all started sometime :good:

Because you were a beginner, you took his stuff at face value, knowing no better.

Many of us that have been shooting for a while realised some of what he was posting was tosh, some of his firearms legislation stuff was just plainly incorrect.

There is nothing more dangerous than someone that doesn't know what they are talking about, in the public forum, acting like an expert, when they clearly are not.

None of this is a criticism of you, quite the opposite.

I have just found one of the many replies to his tosh I posted on another forum in 2015:

Have you taken your You Tube video about firearms licensing down and corrected the errors in it yet?

I'm still here, but then I take the effort to do my research, post facts wherever possible, and not misleading self promoting videos on You Tube for the world to watch.

You'll get my respect when you start posting facts, and do something useful rather than waste police/Home Office or whomever's time.

That was in response to some mindless Freedom of Information request he had made.

It summed it up then, and it sums it up now.
Cutch
Home club or Range: Glasgow and District Pistol Club

#95 Post by Cutch »

Cant comment on legal issues but i think it was the videos he may have done with m&p 15/22 that helped me decide to buy one and practical shotgun queries too. I found them very informative and they have helped me have hours of entertainment from the purchases i made from them.

Edit.

On the subject of legal issues, i have always asked the guys in my club and on occasion just to make sure i have contacted my FEO and he has verified what i needed. I wouldnt take a you tube video as gospel :good:
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#96 Post by kennyc »

christel wrote:kennyc, somewhere nice?
Cuba baby ! lollol
Hunter87

#97 Post by Hunter87 »

Sim G wrote:The account was given to me by someone in in his wider social circle who had dealt with him professionally through the gun trade. It was stated that for whatever reason, Callum “lost it” to the extent that he smashed up his own home. Police attended and allegations by a partner were made. His guns were removed and his certificates removed. The investigation went no where into the allegations but the police weren’t happy with either his version of events and or general attitude in regards to fitness to hold firearms. Representative organisations were involved and he was advised to keep a low profile. He didn’t and ty police revoked his certificates an the basis that he posed a risk to public safety.

That as how good to me.

Coupled then with his goodbye speech, where despite wishing to appear open, he is far from that. He has muddied the waters and opened up his scenario to nigh on world wide discussion as its appeared on forums round the world, particularly those concerned with “freedom and interference from the authorities. He has downplayed the real reason he no longer can own firearms in the UK and that is simply, he can’t be trusted.

But you crack on and tell each other how outraged you are.
Looks like Callum from English shooting is back on YouTube again.....
https://youtu.be/gYz7h_nl2wg
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#98 Post by Blackstuff »

I'm shooting with the other guy in the video this weekend, i'll see if he has anything new to shine on the subject. Although i've only met him a couple of times before he's always come across as a sensible chap, and given that he's now effectvely aligning his own business with English Shooting/Callum, he can't be that concerned with negative association.
DVC
David TS
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms, LERA, SEESA

#99 Post by David TS »

Hunter87 wrote:
Looks like Callum from English shooting is back on YouTube again.....
https://youtu.be/gYz7h_nl2wg

Oh dear. He can't let it go, can he? I wonder how long this will last 8-)
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#100 Post by Mattnall »

David TS wrote:

Oh dear. He can't let it go, can he? I wonder how long this will last 8-)
My thoughts exactly.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.