ebay

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

ebay

#1 Post by redcat »

Over the last couple of weeks I have had a number of articles - reloading gear - removed by ebay because someone has reported them as breaking the rules. There are thousands of similar items on ebay so it is obviously someone playing silly buggars. Some of the items had bids on them so if anyone on here was bidding on reloading stuff and it suddenly disappeared please get in touch with me by PM.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
MistAgain

Re: ebay

#2 Post by MistAgain »

At one time all reloading equipment was banned on ebay uk .

A certain very bit(so they say) company was the worst offender for listing reloading equipment . And they never seemed to get into trouble .

Check the prohibited and restricted cats in case anything has changed . If nothing has changed contact ebay and complain .
Rockhopper

#3 Post by Rockhopper »

It’s possibly a PayPal thing - they don’t allow purchases of firearms or firearms paraphernalia using PayPal.
shoppe
Home club or Range: Any field

#4 Post by shoppe »

Not sure about the PayPal remark. I ordered some items from a gun shop in England. Their payment system run was via PayPal . You did not need a PayPal account, you just entered the cards details as normal .
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#5 Post by Dark Skies »

I tend to do short listings and make a point of putting up a picture of my email address. That way, interested parties can make a note of a means of contact should my listing disappear. I'm happy to sell off-site because I don't have to pay a percentage to eBay, and they don't have to wear the burden of being complicit in selling gun-related stuff.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by Blackstuff »

Lots of people got around this buy advertising just the box or bag the equipment was in and pretending they weren't selling the actual item e.g. "£45 for this shotgun choke box. It can accommodate any Benelli threaded choke, especially Improved Modified." And then usually a load of winking faces afterwards. ;) ;) ;)

The problem came when shysters got wind of people doing this and then literally just sold a box/plastic tube and the buyer then had no come back. ****

Oh and it'll just be a Bot pinging your listings Redcat, no need to get paranoid over it. And once you're pinged once your account will become 'marked' and it will keep getting done again and again :bad:
DVC
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#7 Post by Dellboy »

Go to a similar listing and click sell one similar
add a line saying this is not a firearm or amunition
worked for me ..
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Rockhopper

#8 Post by Rockhopper »

Ai is getting smarter, I advertised a bayonet on Facebook marketplace, it had a photo but i didn't mention the word bayonet, knife, war or anything vaguely associated with it, I didn't even advertise it on a fakebook military selling page. Within two minutes of posting the listing I'd been banned for life from marketplace for violating their community standards.
I've since seen similar items posted so no idea how they got around it!
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#9 Post by mag41uk »

I just had a couple of die sets removed from ebay - violation/gunparts/ammunition components blah blah.
They also removed the "historic" search links to the couple of sets I had sold over the past few months so they "cant be seen".
Irritating because they all had views and watchers.
The bullet moulds I have listed are still there. As are die sets from other UK sellers. As well as all the die sets you could buy from overseas.
I tried to update the mould listings to add not components etc and I couldnt without the listings being removed. red warning etc