Ranges in Scotland

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

Ranges in Scotland

#1 Post by shugie »

Looks like there might be a job going for my wife in, or near to, Stirling which would entail a family relocation. With kids in school this might not go ahead anyway, but as someone who only shoots at Bisley, what ranges are there in central Scotland?
Careful now/that sort of thing
BamBam

Re: Ranges in Scotland

#2 Post by BamBam »

Gardener's Guns has a mile long range, they're 2 hours away from Stirling, I have only heard good things, we met them at the NSS and seemed like a happy bunch.
DavidRees
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: JSPC; Tayside; NRA

#3 Post by DavidRees »

Blairadam is a 500yd range approx 40min east of Stirling, used by several clubs in the area. To keep the noise levels down, unmoderated rifles need to be shot through special large foam-lined barrels. Bit of a pain, but people manage.

About 90 min away, up the A9 beyond Pitlochry, is Blair Atholl. Good for TR and MR, I believe; perhaps F class too.

Several small indoor ranges are around. Callendar and Bridge of Allan to the north, and Clyde Valley to the south. JSPC (excellent 25m outdoor range, mainly GR) is 75 min away, near Lauder/Galasheils.

I live not that far from Stirling, so get in touch if you would like more info.

David
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#4 Post by 20series »

Blair Atholl is a stunning range, electronic targets with firing points out to 1200yards I think. They used to shoot hold GB Fclass rounds there but not for last couple of years, although I did hear they were going back next year.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Chuck

#5 Post by Chuck »

Blair Atholl is the biz! :D :D :D Just watch out for the midgies! :flag6: :flag6:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
shugie
Past Supporter

#6 Post by shugie »

Chuck wrote:Blair Atholl is the biz! :D :D :D Just watch out for the midgies! :flag6: :flag6:
Little sods just love me. Unlike the kids, who seem to view a move to Scotland as akin to a move to Mars. Despite having stayed near Stirling on holiday.
Jim DiGriz
Home club or Range: FCSA (UK)

#7 Post by Jim DiGriz »

BamBam wrote:Gardener's Guns has a mile long range, they're 2 hours away from Stirling, I have only heard good things, we met them at the NSS and seemed like a happy bunch.
Gongs out to 2km and now a 2 mile target.
Chuck

#8 Post by Chuck »

Little sods just love me. Unlike the kids, who seem to view a move to Scotland as akin to a move to Mars. Despite having stayed near Stirling on holiday.
Maybe it was the staying in Stirling bit that did it wtf wtf lol lol

Nowt worse than being prone at 900, ready to take the shot and the wee blighters swarm all over ones facial orifices! **** ****
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
shugie
Past Supporter

#9 Post by shugie »

Chuck wrote:
Maybe it was the staying in Stirling bit that did it wtf wtf lol lol

Nowt worse than being prone at 900, ready to take the shot and the wee blighters swarm all over ones facial orifices! **** ****
Wasn't the Drip Road, out near the only lake in Scotland for a holiday.
shotgun sam

#10 Post by shotgun sam »

Clyde valley pistol club 25 metre indoors range open Tuesday to Friday nights they also go to Blairadam for shooting fullbore
mossberg 500
meteor mk2
smk 19 (0.22)
ruger 12/22 stainless synthetic 22lr
cz 452 style 16 inch 22lr
tikka t3 lite stainless 223
308 howa 1500 varmint
BSA Lightning XL (0.22)
Lanber Over and Under
Baikal mp153
AYA Cosmos 410
1917 BSA SMLE 303