Importing & Customs

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

Importing & Customs

#1 Post by Gh0st »

Does anyone know how long it takes for items (Firearms) to clear customs. Assuming all paperwork is correct?
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
JSC
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA

Re: Importing & Customs

#2 Post by JSC »

A couple of days. If it takes any longer than a day you'll be charged storage by them.

Do you have an agent helping you do the clearing?
Gh0st

#3 Post by Gh0st »

Ok that’s good to know.

Yes it’s going to be handled by a uk RFD
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#4 Post by Mattnall »

JSC wrote:A couple of days. If it takes any longer than a day you'll be charged storage by them.

This is for freight.

Parcels come Royal Mail/Parcel Force (or one of the other Parcel service companies) and they handle the importation and fees collection and don't charge storage just a clearance fee. This can take a week or so as Parcel Force have their firearms clearance guy(s) sort things to a time table and not as required. Other companies will do it to their own schedule but it shouldn't take more than a week.

I had a parcel stuck at the Coventry hubb for over a week and they wouldn't (or couldn't) confirm it's status, even refusing to confirm if it was there until it passed customs. They only got round to sorting it when I started a lost parcel procedure.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
JSC
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA

#5 Post by JSC »

Yes, you're right. I assumed freight (maybe wrongly) :oops:
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

Web had had things stuck in the national Hub for up to a month in the past. They arrived eventually however it as both frustrating and worrying given the nature and value of the items.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Gh0st

#7 Post by Gh0st »

Mattnall wrote:
JSC wrote:A couple of days. If it takes any longer than a day you'll be charged storage by them.

This is for freight.

Parcels come Royal Mail/Parcel Force (or one of the other Parcel service companies) and they handle the importation and fees collection and don't charge storage just a clearance fee. This can take a week or so as Parcel Force have their firearms clearance guy(s) sort things to a time table and not as required. Other companies will do it to their own schedule but it shouldn't take more than a week.

I had a parcel stuck at the Coventry hubb for over a week and they wouldn't (or couldn't) confirm it's status, even refusing to confirm if it was there until it passed customs. They only got round to sorting it when I started a lost parcel procedure.

Sorry i should have been more clear! I think Mattnall is closer to the mark. I know its arrived at customs just dont know how long it takes to clear or get any updates.

MistAgain

#8 Post by MistAgain »

Then you will have a 6 week wait for them to get proofed !
Gh0st

#9 Post by Gh0st »

MistAgain wrote:Then you will have a 6 week wait for them to get proofed !
:cry:

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

6 weeks? Double that unless you are going to walk it in and out of London PH right now.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal