Stolen 50 cal.......

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Jim DiGriz
Home club or Range: FCSA (UK)

Re: Stolen 50 cal.......

#41 Post by Jim DiGriz »

1. Stolen .50

This was taken from the owners house along with ammunition and other rifles, the thieves knew exactly which safes (as the rifle compnents were in different places) to go for and no other valubles were taken.
There were other firearm thefts at the same time in the vicinity the only common factor being the forces firearms licencing department.
The rifle was found abandoned by a member of the public on some waste ground, not recovered by the police as they would have you belive.
The barrel had been shortened and the rifle had been test fired.

The owner was only informed that the rifle had been recovered by a FLO of a neighbouring force.

To date we do not know if any suspects have been arrested or charged.

2. Authority to possess a .50

The person involved in supplying criminals had a slot for a .50 on his licence, he was not a member of any club that shoots on ranges cleared for .50.
So what was his lawful reason for wishing to possess a .50 and who agreed and put it on his licence?
David TS
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms, LERA, SEESA

#42 Post by David TS »

Jim DiGriz wrote:1. Stolen .50

This was taken from the owners house along with ammunition and other rifles, the thieves knew exactly which safes (as the rifle compnents were in different places) to go for and no other valubles were taken.
There were other firearm thefts at the same time in the vicinity the only common factor being the forces firearms licencing department.
The rifle was found abandoned by a member of the public on some waste ground, not recovered by the police as they would have you belive.
The barrel had been shortened and the rifle had been test fired.

The owner was only informed that the rifle had been recovered by a FLO of a neighbouring force.

To date we do not know if any suspects have been arrested or charged.

2. Authority to possess a .50

The person involved in supplying criminals had a slot for a .50 on his licence, he was not a member of any club that shoots on ranges cleared for .50.
So what was his lawful reason for wishing to possess a .50 and who agreed and put it on his licence?
Jim

Interesting. I was under the impression the stolen .50 cal was stolen from an RFD, was this the same one?

Is it known which licensing authority the owner came under?

Was it Lincolnshire?
Jim DiGriz
Home club or Range: FCSA (UK)

#43 Post by Jim DiGriz »

I have heard the RFD story a lot and don't know where it came from, I was told it and believed it until we were contacted by a rep of the club that the owner of the .50 was a member of.

We are still trying to get more info about these thefts as information is hard to come by.

It was not Linconshire
Sabertooth
Home club or Range: Donderbus RPC

#44 Post by Sabertooth »

1066 the letter from your MP was an interesting read. Does the Offensive Weapons Bill cover cars? As they are one of the most effective weapons of choice lately. Will they be banning the Ford Focus if one is stolen and used as a weapon?
Gun control is hitting the target.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#45 Post by Gh0st »

Sabertooth wrote:1066 the letter from your MP was an interesting read. Does the Offensive Weapons Bill cover cars? As they are one of the most effective weapons of choice lately. Will they be banning the Ford Focus if one is stolen and used as a weapon?

I hope not, diesel volumes are tanking as it is...
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk