Trouble understanding Bisley printout.

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
ruger_steve
Home club or Range: Bisley

Trouble understanding Bisley printout.

#1 Post by ruger_steve »

So went to Bisley for my second visit today to test some new hand made ammo. I printed out some shoots but can’t definitively work out what the print out is showing.

I asked in the range office and the guy said he didn’t know and I should try downloading a manual. Great. Anyway I looked at the manual on the website (and google) but can’t find anything that tells me what is what (apart from the obvious. )

Can anyone with some knowledge help me out please? I have attached one of the cards.

I’m guessing the x-mid and y-mid is the average hit point. I assume total is the total point along with the first value after the 1,2,3,4etc on the breakdown (however why do some have V and other don’t?)

Also the values next to them, I know it’s how far off from centre, but is that in mm or some other denomination?

Also does anyone know the dimensions of those targets on electronic century and the dimensions of each ring? Can’t find that anywhere either.

Thank you. Steve.

Sent from my boing using "An application"
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Trouble understanding Bisley printout.

#2 Post by 1066 »

The electronic targets at Bisley are still very new and information seems thin on the ground - I only used them myself for the second time yesterday so you probably know more about them than I do.

I can tell you that the "V" indicates a bull and scores 5 but it's in the inner ring of the bull and would be used in case of a tie score ie. 49 (4 V) would beat 49 (2 V).

Different targets can be set up on the machine so you might have the machine set to 600yards TR target or 600 F open target which is a different size and scoring rings.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
rox

#3 Post by rox »

S-S is the group size at it's widest point (distance between the furthest apart shots).

H is the overall height of the group.

B is the overall width of the group.

X-MID is the horizontal centre of the group in mm (i.e offset from the centre, average X value).

Y-MID is the vertical centre of the group in mm.

TOT is the total score (non-decimalised, excluding V's).

The shot table shows the decimalised score, then the X & Y coordinates in mm.

The target dimensions can be found in the Bisley Bible.
https://nra.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Bible-Main.pdf

(these targets are not very new!)
ruger_steve
Home club or Range: Bisley

#4 Post by ruger_steve »

Excellent. Thank you everyone. I know how I did now. Lol.

Sent from my boing using "An application"
Quarters

#5 Post by Quarters »

The system was set to NRA 300 yards so it scored using the standard Target Rifle dimensions for that distance:

V bull 3.3
Bull 5.5
Inner 11
Magpie 16.5
Outer 22
Hit 46x48

All dimensions are in inches.

You can find these on page 130 of the Bisley Bible which you can download from the NRA website.