GP FAC flag on file

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Lancs_Oakley
Home club or Range: Diggle

Re: GP FAC flag on file

#11 Post by Lancs_Oakley »

I was in an accident at the start of the year and in hospital they found me on the system, the address and contact details they had on file for me were from when I was 10 years old the best part of 3 decades ago. Great that they have data that old but not exactly accurate!
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#12 Post by hitchphil »

I would complain to the ICO. The NHS is not exempt from the DAPA / GDPR etc. Ask what reason NHS have to transfer that info to hospital staff? The scheme is half arsed & should be attacked when its clearly not doing what is reasonable.
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

#13 Post by HH1 »

I visited a friend in hospital a few years ago and he had his SGC / FAC with him in the ward room, on the little table in full view of everyone. I asked him why he had brought them into hospital and he said "for safe-keeping". (it wasn't an emergency hospital admittance). Anyhow, because of his physical health, which had affected his mental health due to high levels of pain relief, the hospital staff contacted the local Police Firearms licensing Dept who took his Certs and guns.

Point I'm making is that Hospital Staff will act if they are concerned about a patient.