Panorama 20th August

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Panorama 20th August

#11 Post by Pete »

Aah, Browning Hi-Power................had one of them in the dear dead days.................

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Sim G
Past Supporter

#12 Post by Sim G »

I have massive issues with the false hoods trotted out by NABIS. What could have been a great law enforcement tool into the illegal use of firearms has become the stick used to beat gun owners with.

I seriously doubt the integrity of the organisation...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#13 Post by dromia »

It is bereft of any integrity.

It is purely an anti legal gun ownership organisation masquerading as a "scientific" body.

It will spin, lie and fabricate to further its anti legal gun ownership aim.

It has no place in any reasoned debate and has as much credibility as hunt saboteurs.

However if you are in favour of their totally biased anti legal gun ownership stance like the BBC, the Home Office and the like then of course you will hold them up as reputable. Lack of integrity, honesty and rectitude isn't just restricted to NABIS but is endemic in all of our institutions.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Site Supporter Since 2015

#14 Post by 1066 »

NABIS smacks of one of these smoke and mirrors organisations - It's a business with a captive customer base. I really don't have a clue how they're funded, a bit like ACPO that morphed into something else. I believe that all the individual forces agree to only use NABIS and pay an annual membership fee, then get charged extra for any work they want done. Like the proof house, they are constantly looking to extend their remit and revenue stream - drumming up hysteria, with the collusion of the BBC and media, about how easy it is to convert replicas, or antiques used in crime etc. is like an hour long advert for them on prime time tv.

The actual numbers of these converted replicas/antiques used in crime is tiny compared to gun crime with actual illegal firearms.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

Panorama - Legal Weapon

#15 Post by Dark Skies »

Just saw this trailered on the TV.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bfkdwx

"Panorama investigates how antique guns are being brought into the UK perfectly legally and ending up in the hands of criminals. Panorama buys two handguns, one in America, carrying it through customs, and the other from an antique guns fair in Birmingham. Under current legislation it is legal to buy and sell guns provided commercially manufactured ammunition is no longer available. But criminals are home making ammunition for these antique weapons and then using them to kill. Gloucester gun dealer Paul Edmunds flooded the streets of Birmingham and London with antique guns as well as modern guns passed off as antiques. These weapons have been used in multiple murders. Now West Midlands Police and the National Ballistics Intelligence Service are calling for a change in the law to close this loophole."

As it's a BBC production acting as a soapbox for NABIS I expect it'll be the usual sensationalist pap.

'Criminals break the law' just wouldn't make for a good working title.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Blackstuff

Re: Panorama - Legal Weapon

#16 Post by Blackstuff »

Really? I expect a reasoned, unbiased and healthy debate. teanews

<sarcasm-meter explodes in the background>
DVC
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#17 Post by Dark Skies »

Blackstuff wrote:Really? I expect a reasoned, unbiased and healthy debate. teanews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ73Q4DwrGM

:)
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
BamBam

#18 Post by BamBam »

Dark Skies wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:Really? I expect a reasoned, unbiased and healthy debate. teanews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ73Q4DwrGM

:)
Blackstuff

#19 Post by Blackstuff »

lol lol lol
DVC
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#20 Post by Maggot »

Well we know the answer dont we? Proper (sympathetic, I dont mean the modern EU method) deactivation. The reloaders among us know how many of the cartridges can be formed and components obtained.

If you are after a quick hit and dont need BR accuracy its a no brainer.