CZ Polygonal barrels

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
bhodge
Home club or Range: Oswestry Rifle & Pistol Club

CZ Polygonal barrels

#1 Post by bhodge »

I know CZ use polygonal barrels in their centre-fire rifles, but do they use them in their rimfire rifles?
Does anyone know?
TX200HC .22, my one and only air rifle.
...I shoot mainly FAC these days....
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: CZ Polygonal barrels

#2 Post by Sim G »

The club CZ 527 varmint in .223 has traditional rifling. Likewise, the 452 and 455 also have traditional lands and grooves. I was of the opinion that polygonal rifling was only used on some of their pistols, namely the polymer framed, striker fired, hiding in no way that they are in direct competition with Glock. No issues with being shown otherwise...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#3 Post by the running man »

Sim G wrote:The club CZ 527 varmint in .223 has traditional rifling. Likewise, the 452 and 455 also have traditional lands and grooves. I was of the opinion that polygonal rifling was only used on some of their pistols, namely the polymer framed, striker fired, hiding in no way that they are in direct competition with Glock. No issues with being shown otherwise...
Dident the p9s use a polygonal barrel
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Sim G
Past Supporter

#4 Post by Sim G »

Yep. H&K have used polygonal rifling right across the board and for years. The VP70, which has the claim to the first polymer framed, high capacity pistol also had it. The G3 did as well and the “Holy Grail” PSG 1 did!

Off the top of my head, I think Kahr in the US use polygonal and Tangfolio.... not so sure about the Tangs, but again, if memory serves, that’s the reason why it’s believed CZ use it across the board because of the Italian CZ clones.

Allegedly doesn’t have a great reputation with lead bullets. Glock advise against it. Which is why we’ll not see many .22 rimfire using polygonal rifling. And again, dredging th depth of memories, there was some movement 30 years ago when Glock hit the scene because polygonal rifling is very difficult to compare one to another forensically... couple that with the “gun that gets through X-ray” the antis had a field day!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#5 Post by the running man »

Sim G wrote:Yep. H&K have used polygonal rifling right across the board and for years. The VP70, which has the claim to the first polymer framed, high capacity pistol also had it. The G3 did as well and the “Holy Grail” PSG 1 did!

Off the top of my head, I think Kahr in the US use polygonal and Tangfolio.... not so sure about the Tangs, but again, if memory serves, that’s the reason why it’s believed CZ use it across the board because of the Italian CZ clones.

Allegedly doesn’t have a great reputation with lead bullets. Glock advise against it. Which is why we’ll not see many .22 rimfire using polygonal rifling. And again, dredging th depth of memories, there was some movement 30 years ago when Glock hit the scene because polygonal rifling is very difficult to compare one to another forensically... couple that with the “gun that gets through X-ray” the antis had a field day!
I think the tangs did,the Glock 7 from die hard two........yeah right.....keep dreaming,I wonder how many people actually thought they exist?
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
bhodge
Home club or Range: Oswestry Rifle & Pistol Club

#6 Post by bhodge »

Ok cheers guy's. I saw on Wikipedia that CZ used the Polygonal barrel on their rifles. Just goes to show, next time I'll ask on here first, then check Wiki!
TX200HC .22, my one and only air rifle.
...I shoot mainly FAC these days....