Ranges in Las Vagas

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
ovy

Ranges in Las Vagas

#1 Post by ovy »

Good evening, my nieces are traveling to Las Vagas next year and they want to do some shooting while they are over there. So I am looking for some recommendations for them as to which ranges to use or not to use. Thanks in advance.
Paul.
BamBam

Re: Ranges in Las Vagas

#2 Post by BamBam »

Battlefield Vegas, they can book online and they'll get picked up in a deuce and a half or a humvee, free and dropped off at their hotel again afterwards. Not cheap, but huge selection of full autos.
Robbo

#3 Post by Robbo »

Some friends have been to Bullets and Burgers, even have a mini gun and a Barratt if you're so inclined.....
Ash

#4 Post by Ash »

Highly recommended battlefield vegas you can save some money by doing the early bird special and also. Much quieter.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Blackstuff »

I've not been for donkeys but reports from friends have said all the places within Vegas/near the strip have got horribly expensive and you have to go into the desert to get a decent shooting experience (i.e. not just a 'stag do' type thing where you get like 1 magazine in a couple of guns) for a reasonable price. A few mates when to Clark County Shooting Centre out of Vegas to the north and said it was the mutts nuts, more for shooters rather than tourists :good:
DVC
dta europe

#6 Post by dta europe »

Clark County is the place, been several times.
Maybe the friendliest and at the same time safest range I know.

Induction is simple, gun hire is cheap and ammo is Wal Mart prices.

great place

Ewen
Dahonis

#7 Post by Dahonis »

Blackstuff wrote:I've not been for donkeys but reports from friends have said all the places within Vegas/near the strip have got horribly expensive and you have to go into the desert to get a decent shooting experience (i.e. not just a 'stag do' type thing where you get like 1 magazine in a couple of guns) for a reasonable price. A few mates when to Clark County Shooting Centre out of Vegas to the north and said it was the mutts nuts, more for shooters rather than tourists :good:
Only 30 minutes drive from the strip as well.
UKYankee
Home club or Range: WNSC

#8 Post by UKYankee »

We go to American Shooters just 5 miles from the strip. It's a proper range not a tourist trap. You can rent pistols for about $20 all the way up to belt fed machine guns. Me and the Mrs have spent hours in there and only ended up spending just over $100. There's also a large shop attached where you can drool over all of the wonderful firearms you can't own.

TacSol AR-22
Ruger 10/22
S&W M&P 15-22
Beretta 1301 Comp
Rossi 44 Underlever
BamBam

#9 Post by BamBam »

I didn't bother renting a car last time, there was a shuttle bus every day to Sands Expo, so I walked from my hotel to Battlefield Vegas on my last day.
BV's humvee took me to Mandalay Bay where I caught a cab to Bass Pro shop. Cab back to the strip was about $25.
BooBoo
Home club or Range: Various

#10 Post by BooBoo »

i have used American Shooters a couple of times now... and after a quick appraisal of your capability, they are more than happy for you to just crack on. Easy to find, reasonable value and a good selection of whatever your fancy.

I have also shot on a 4 day course out at Pahrump (Front Site)... now I really enjoyed that one.