Shotgun cartridges - storage -the law

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Dangermouse

Shotgun cartridges - storage -the law

#1 Post by Dangermouse »

I see that we do not have "shooting, the law" section - A heading which always made me feel a little uneasy!

Can anyone remind me the law surrounding the storage of shotgun cartridges, specifically, left laying in open sight at home or parked in a car on the street.

I felt that they did not need to be locked away at home (best practise aside) but was not sure about a vehicle.

I don't want to get into a discussion about the inside of cars and are they public places or not as that appears to change from act to act, month to month and case by case.

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Robin128

Re: Shotgun cartridges - storage -the law

#2 Post by Robin128 »

"Although secure storage of shotgun cartridges is not a requirement of the Firearms Acts, it is sensible to recommend that they should be locked away for both security and safety, especially where there are children in the house."

para 2.47 Firearms Security Handbook 2005.

See Safe Shooting thread within our Library.

Rob