Posting Abroad

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

Posting Abroad

#1 Post by Lever357 »

I have provisionally sold a Lee Enfield amgazine to a guy in Canada. However, posting seems to be an issue as royal Mail and UPS are stating if it is a firearm or part there of, or can make a firearm work then it is a prohibited item. I thought of just boxing it up and saying it's a metal storage box but what if it gets scanned at the other end??

Anybody been successful in posting a rifle magazine abroad and if so who did you use??
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Posting Abroad

#2 Post by snayperskaya »

Royal Mail......"sports equipment"

I've sent AK mags to the US a few times and they arrived ok
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#3 Post by dromia »

In this current climate I would be very careful about breaching any regulations however stupid they might seem.

A prohibited item whether it be sports equipment or not is a prohibited item and in circumventing the rules you could be committing an offence. More and more stuff is getting scanned due to the "terror" fear and the chances of being caught increase each day. Lack of honesty about the contents of a package is disingenuous at best.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#4 Post by Lever357 »

dromia wrote:In this current climate I would be very careful about breaching any regulations however stupid they might seem.

A prohibited item whether it be sports equipment or not is a prohibited item and in circumventing the rules you could be committing an offence. More and more stuff is getting scanned due to the "terror" fear and the chances of being caught increase each day. Lack of honesty about the contents of a package is disingenuous at best.
Thanks Dromia, my thoughts exactly and hence the problem. The guy has asked me to take the spring and follower out and send them seperate to the magazine itself but to me they still fall in to the category of they can be assembled to make a rifle function!
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
ukrifleman
Past Supporter

#5 Post by ukrifleman »

I would suggest that you contact an RFD who has the facilities in place to import and export firearms.

Simon Pemberton at Highwood Classic Arms springs to mind.

ukrifleman.
Dahonis

#6 Post by Dahonis »

Everything to do with firearms is just so bloody difficult these days :bad:
MistAgain

#7 Post by MistAgain »

All outgoing mail gets scanned here .

The Canadians will scan it on arrival .

If you find an RFD who has a valid export licence , he will probably want payment to ship out on his licence .

Its just not worth it .
Sim G
Past Supporter

#8 Post by Sim G »

They’re legal in Canada. They do not make a firearm work as a Lee Enfield can shoot without a mag. They are not component parts of a firearm.... stick it in the post and stop causing yourself worries.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#9 Post by breacher »

Sim G wrote:They’re legal in Canada. They do not make a firearm work as a Lee Enfield can shoot without a mag. They are not component parts of a firearm.... stick it in the post and stop causing yourself worries.
This.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
majordisorder

#10 Post by majordisorder »

breacher wrote:
Sim G wrote:They’re legal in Canada. They do not make a firearm work as a Lee Enfield can shoot without a mag. They are not component parts of a firearm.... stick it in the post and stop causing yourself worries.
This.
Apart from they are a firearm component in the eyes of Border Force / HMRC and the export organisations. We've exported 100's of our T3 mags to Canada, NZ and various Euro countries. Each export requires a license like it or not.
Black Rifle - Firearms, Ammunition, Vortex Optics, MDT Chassis, AR-15 accessories and "go-faster" bits for your Smith and GSG 1911