Posting Abroad

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Posting Abroad

#11 Post by Sim G »

It may very well do when exporting by way of trade or business, but an individual can rely upon the personal effects waiver. Likewise, I’ve had another look at The Export Control Order 2008, and specifically ML1 and ML2 of Schedule 2, and do not see magazines listed there. Am I being a bit thick and missed something?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#12 Post by dromia »

The problem is if you post something via Parcel Farce/Post Office that is contrary to their rules and they find out, they do scan, then they will destroy the said item with no recompense.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Sim G
Past Supporter

#13 Post by Sim G »

According to Royal Mail you can and national and international s1 and s2 firearms intended for sporting use. Items you can’t are Prohibited Weapons under s5 and edge weapons banned as per CJA 1988.

https://www.royalmail.com/business/syst ... t-2015.pdf
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#14 Post by dromia »

Unfortunately most of the post office's employees are unaware of this and when they see anything gun related they wet their panties. I know from experience.

They have even phoned the police when I have tried to send allowed gun related stuff via them.

I wouldn't trust them with anything firearms related regardless of what their rules are.

Terrorism has won as most of the country seems to be living with a fear that is easy to set off.

I have even had Parcel Farce employees refusing to accept a firearm on my Parcel Force RFD account and when a higher up has been called to explain to them that it is ordinary business they have been shocked and said words to the effect "this cannot be right and shouldn't be allowed". On occasion I have come across staff that have refused initially to handle the packages as though it were novichock.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Sim G
Past Supporter

#15 Post by Sim G »

Did Wing Nut tell you the time when the post officer call the Old Bill on him when he send a shotgun down to my local dealer for me? Get him to if he hasn’t! I really chuckled all day!!!