As a qualified NRA RCO, do I actually need an SCC card?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Lancs Lad
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

As a qualified NRA RCO, do I actually need an SCC card?

#1 Post by Lancs Lad »

Hi folks,

This question was raised before by one of the forum members but the answer was somewhat vague. So ... what with the proposed changes to the issue of these SCC cards looming at the end of the year, I'm looking for some clarification.

In order to shoot on an MOD range and as a qualified NRA RCO .... do I actually require an SCC card?

Any thoughts / opinions much appreciated. Chapter and verse would be even better if available. Thanks :good:

LL
Cj10

Re: As a qualified NRA RCO, do I actually need an SCC card?

#2 Post by Cj10 »

My understanding is yes, you require a a SCC.

If you are a RCO, and a NRA member the imminent changes to the SCC process will mean your club does not need to submit a photo to the NRA for your new SCC. This is due to the NRA already holding a photo on file for you from when they issued your RCO card.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#3 Post by dromia »

NRA members who are qualified RCOs can get a SCC from them. So that would imply that the NRA think so.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Daryll
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#4 Post by Daryll »

Yes, if you're a NRA RCO, contact them and they'll send you a SSC that lasts for 4 (?) years, free of charge.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#5 Post by dromia »

Only if you are an NRA member as well.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#6 Post by TattooedGun »

dromia wrote:Only if you are an NRA member as well.
This.

As an RCO I called up enquiring and they hastened to add that I needed one from my club as I'm not an NRA member - no bother as my club is NRA Affiliated, but it would have been simpler if the NRA had sent one out as I'm an RCO under them...
Egg on Leggs1
Home club or Range: Kings Heath Rifle Club

#7 Post by Egg on Leggs1 »

When I booked in at Bisley recently my RCO card was insufficient, I had to show my SSC. We are an affiliated club.
Sabertooth
Home club or Range: Donderbus RPC

#8 Post by Sabertooth »

All these qualifications that are needed to shoot at these ranges SCC, RSO and RCO just seems like a license to print money for the NRA and suchlike.
Gun control is hitting the target.
Lancs Lad
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#9 Post by Lancs Lad »

Sabertooth wrote:All these qualifications that are needed to shoot at these ranges SCC, RSO and RCO just seems like a license to print money for the NRA and suchlike.

That just about sums it up!

LL
toffe wrapper

#10 Post by toffe wrapper »

Sabertooth wrote:All these qualifications that are needed to shoot at these ranges SCC, RSO and RCO just seems like a license to print money for the NRA and suchlike.

Yes, you have got to work to the lowest person, I have seen some complete FU**wits on ranges.
You know they are FU**wits as, 1 they do not like being challenged 2 They have been doing it for years.
They muzzle sweep, walk forward on a live range, have dodgy reloads and 1000's other things.
Some clubs that are not on MOD ranges are excellent ITSC is a fine example of good range running.
A now closed range near Luton was bad. At one stage you would go forward to change your target only to turn round
and be looking down the barrel of someone just arriving and getting set up. Reply to what the FU** are you doing was what's your problem.
It got better but should never have been allowed from day 1.

The rule for being a RCO was 6 months assisting at your club before attending RCO. Some clubs flaunted that and sent any one.
We now all pay the price for those SH** run clubs with a extra 2 days. Same as Shooters certs some clubs play fast & loose with issuing them, some clubs did training and monitored people. Now the NRA is issuing them to ensure integrity apparently. They are not charging any more for them and its a bucket load of work to collate & print all the cards so we have some SH** run club to thank for that.
As a Club sec it a bucket load of work for me as well as we are a big club. So again thank you to every SH** run club that has bucked the system and lead to that.