As a qualified NRA RCO, do I actually need an SCC card?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: As a qualified NRA RCO, do I actually need an SCC card?

#11 Post by dromia »

It is still the club chairman's responsibility to verify that the members they are verifying are fit and competent on the range, so the NRA issuing the cards will still have no bearing on the validity of the verification.

The problem with the SSC was that granny rights were just given to the existing members at the time, some of which I am sure would be unable to pass a safe shooting course with their current knowledge and behaviour.

I am not sure that the extra two days pre RCO course is due to poor RCO candidates, it just seems to be a MoD driven agenda, the folly of which the NRA couldn't bother its arse challenging. If people not fit for the job are being given RCO certs then that is the fault of the assessors and their assessors. Failing people not up to the responsibility is the purpose of the course as much as passing people who are competent to run ranges is. Clubs would soon sharpen up if they are funding people onto the courses and finding they were failing and the club was still RCO short regardless of spending the money on the course.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

Re: As a qualified NRA RCO, do I actually need an SCC card?

#12 Post by Maggot »

dromia wrote:NRA members who are qualified RCOs can get a SCC from them. So that would imply that the NRA think so.
This. If you are an RCO it sort of assumes you are safe....