police reply?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

Re: police reply?

#21 Post by Dellboy »

kennyc wrote:
Ovenpaa wrote:
Dellboy wrote:I normally e mail them and also send a hard copy by recorded delivery and keep a copy of both .
This is exactly what I do, email and recorded letter. better to tell them too often than not enough :)
I have an email from the FLD manager specifically asking me not to send a hard copy :p

I got told something similar (ignored it) then on a visit they said they had no record of me aquiring a gun , slight red face when i showed them the hard copy (postal receipt) and e mail .
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Alberto
Home club or Range: VPRC

Re: police reply?

#22 Post by Alberto »

With my first acquisitions late last year I just sent a scan of the form and they (Essex) were happy with that. I got an email receipt saying that the email counted as my acknowledgment. They did ask me not to zip up multiple forms. This year I did a transfer and didn’t get a receipt, so I rang them. They said they had to switch it off as they and Kent went into a loop of receipts to each other. :) My last acquisition the RFD gave me a filled in form in an envelope to send them, so I did. I also sent an email as before.

Sent from my boing using "An application"
"I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know." - Marcus Tullius Cicero