police reply?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

Re: police reply?

#11 Post by Dark Skies »

We usually get an automated response to emails in the TVP area.
I don't send a postal copy of the email - it has led to complications in the past with one hand not knowing what the other is doing.
As long as the time-stamped copy of my sent mail is in Outlook I consider I've done my bit and can prove it if needs be.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Lancs Lad
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#12 Post by Lancs Lad »

Belt and braces for me.

Email and hard copy by 'signed for ' delivery.

I sold a rifle recently on a Saturday and sent the email the same day. A hard copy went via the post office on the Monday morning. Tuesday morning I received a call from my Firearms department asking if I'd sold a firearm (on being notified by the buyer's licensing department) and why hadn't they been informed. So much for the seven day notification period!

Anyway, it all went away when I sent a copy of the postal receipt but they were adamant that they had not received any email from me regarding the transfer although it is sitting in my sent box with the correct address etc.

LL
MistAgain

#13 Post by MistAgain »

Lancs Lad wrote:Belt and braces for me.

I sold a rifle recently on a Saturday and sent the email the same day. A hard copy went via the post office on the Monday morning. Tuesday morning I received a call from my Firearms department asking if I'd sold a firearm (on being notified by the buyer's licensing department) and why hadn't they been informed. So much for the seven day notification period!

Anyway, it all went away when I sent a copy of the postal receipt but they were adamant that they had not received any email from me regarding the transfer although it is sitting in my sent box with the correct address etc.

LL
Are you a Merseyside FAC holder ?
Ovenpaa

#14 Post by Ovenpaa »

Dellboy wrote:I normally e mail them and also send a hard copy by recorded delivery and keep a copy of both .
This is exactly what I do, email and recorded letter. better to tell them too often than not enough :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
pluginal
Home club or Range: North Coates butts

#15 Post by pluginal »

Thanks guys, just been onto the firearms dept and they hadn't received it! He sent me another e-mail address to send it and will reply to let me know it arrived this time. He did say they had a few that had dissapeared in the ether!
pluginal
Home club or Range: North Coates butts

#16 Post by pluginal »

Yep, just got the reply back details updated accordingly. clapclap
Lancs Lad
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#17 Post by Lancs Lad »

MistAgain wrote:
Lancs Lad wrote:Belt and braces for me.

LL
Are you a Merseyside FAC holder ?
Lancashire but not Merseyside.

LL
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#18 Post by kennyc »

Ovenpaa wrote:
Dellboy wrote:I normally e mail them and also send a hard copy by recorded delivery and keep a copy of both .
This is exactly what I do, email and recorded letter. better to tell them too often than not enough :)
I have an email from the FLD manager specifically asking me not to send a hard copy :p
safetyfirst

#19 Post by safetyfirst »

I email a simple clear email with the serial numbers and my certificate number copy and paste able.
I usually include a photo of the relevant entry on my certificate.

They seem to like that.
Furiouspilgrim
Home club or Range: 49th

#20 Post by Furiouspilgrim »

A lot of forces now have the online form that you can fill out. Non of this not knowing if they’ve had them email or not.