Practical shooting show.

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

Re: Practical shooting show.

#11 Post by Nelly2014 »

We're going down on friday in our motorhome and hoping to find somewhere to 'wild camp'. If any local has some knowledge of anywhere for free overnight parking-up let me know.
Zilberbak
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club, HBRA, Pipers & DRPC

9mm Straight Pull London Bus Syndrome

#12 Post by Zilberbak »

God knows where this post will end up as not quite sure where to put but anyway just got back from the Practical Shooting Show and following Lantac’s Facebook announcement (l have no affiliation with Lantac) the NWCP’s stand had a 9mm straight pull in all of its pretendy AR style. It was Wayne’s first one but racked no problem and was very nice in terms of quality and finish. In Wayne’s words the spec is what you want and will dictate cost between 2k and 3k. He was taking deposits £500 and a 12 week wait time. Also on the grapevine was that Big Bob has something in the pipeline as well, although this could not be verified with the man himself as SGC were a no-show (even though listed as was Caledonian who were a no show as well).

Otherwise great first show for practical type shooting with lots to see without wading through rails of Tweed and dry dog food.

Bought some ammo from Westlander but worryingly was told that there is a shortage of Russian surplus with sanctions against Russia hitting supply. Also, bought a Glock compatible 50 round drum for my SGC LR made in Korea so hope it works!
Zilberbak

Vested interest in .22LR .357 9mm .223 .308 7.62x39 & 7.62x54R
Primer

#13 Post by Primer »

So did anyone go to this today, if so was it worth it as thinking of going down tomorrow?
When people ask stupid questions, I feel obligated to give sarcastic answers
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: 9mm Straight Pull London Bus Syndrome

#14 Post by snayperskaya »

There has been a shortage of Russian surplus for a while now, but with millions of rounds of 7.62x54r and 7.62x39 in former Soviet and Warsaw Pact countries like Poland and (East) Germany etc hopefully alternate sources will release their old surplus.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
RDC

#15 Post by RDC »

I'm not entirely sure who I'd rather give my money to...
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#16 Post by Dark Skies »

I thought of trundling down on the Harley ... then it poured down with rain and my enthusiasm waned somewhat.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
daman
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

#17 Post by daman »

Primer wrote:So did anyone go to this today, if so was it worth it as thinking of going down tomorrow?
I went today, and thoroughly enjoyed it, great to see so many enthusiasts in one place.

About the same size as the marquee at the Phoenix - maybe a bit bigger. But all practical stuff - didn't see a single sowr which was great for the UK. Plenty of kit to oggle.

Was able to fondle an Armsan RS1 and a Typhoon (still can't make up my mind)

Also tried out Ezload, Tacom, Magload and King caddies (and bought the one I liked best!)

Apart from the location - which meant a fsckin long drive - I thought it a great start, and hope next years will be even bigger and better.
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#18 Post by Sixshot6 »

Zilberbak wrote:God knows where this post will end up as not quite sure where to put but anyway just got back from the Practical Shooting Show and following Lantac’s Facebook announcement (l have no affiliation with Lantac) the NWCP’s stand had a 9mm straight pull in all of its pretendy AR style. It was Wayne’s first one but racked no problem and was very nice in terms of quality and finish. In Wayne’s words the spec is what you want and will dictate cost between 2k and 3k. He was taking deposits £500 and a 12 week wait time. Also on the grapevine was that Big Bob has something in the pipeline as well, although this could not be verified with the man himself as SGC were a no-show (even though listed as was Caledonian who were a no show as well).

Otherwise great first show for practical type shooting with lots to see without wading through rails of Tweed and dry dog food.

Bought some ammo from Westlander but worryingly was told that there is a shortage of Russian surplus with sanctions against Russia hitting supply. Also, bought a Glock compatible 50 round drum for my SGC LR made in Korea so hope it works!

So what exactly is the rumour or something bob has in the pipeline? He bringing that lever action using the grip 223 back?
Zilberbak
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club, HBRA, Pipers & DRPC

#19 Post by Zilberbak »

No info on the SGC front as it was literally a non specific rumour but from a source that deals with them. May well have put a deposit down with NWCP but waiting to see what Lantac come up with price wise.
Zilberbak

Vested interest in .22LR .357 9mm .223 .308 7.62x39 & 7.62x54R
speedthing
Home club or Range: HBRA

#20 Post by speedthing »

I went on Saturday with a couple of reprobates that ill not mention LOL had a really good time found 2 genuine Enfield No4 magazines that cost me £10 each which i wasn't expecting to find Result me thinks. Also had a good deal on some .303 projectiles as well i think it was well worth the trip and i can see this event getting bigger with time.