Thames Valley - Renewal of FAC two years earlier.

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
fra150l

Re: Thames Valley - Renewal of FAC two years earlier.

#31 Post by fra150l »

Hampshire - I have had a few visits over 15 years.
First was when I transferred from Cambridgeshire to Hampshire and he did check serial number of single shotgun.
Since then about 3 visits were all to do with security when I have changed cabinets. Never asked to look at any firearms or check any serial numbers - have somewhat increased from the single shotgun.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#32 Post by kennyc »

Ha ! just had the same letter...twice ! not sure if I'll bother , as I really cant be assed to go through all that again after the 5 month battle to get my last renewal on time !
AlieN
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Bisley

#33 Post by AlieN »

Dark Skies wrote:... In that case my incentive to renew early and lose a year to help out the police just evaporated.
I'm with TV and my recent renewal took 4 months - maybe partly my fault as I send an old photo in with the original request.

I get that the financial saving isn't that great. However, if I were you I'd go for it now since you could probably expect a shorter processing time now than you'd get if you leave it. You'll also be certain to avoid the potential stress of the new FAC not arriving before the old one expires.

TV were quite happy with a copy of the FAC.

AlieN
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#34 Post by kennyc »

AlieN wrote:
Dark Skies wrote:... In that case my incentive to renew early and lose a year to help out the police just evaporated.
I'm with TV and my recent renewal took 4 months - maybe partly my fault as I send an old photo in with the original request.

I get that the financial saving isn't that great. However, if I were you I'd go for it now since you could probably expect a shorter processing time now than you'd get if you leave it. You'll also be certain to avoid the potential stress of the new FAC not arriving before the old one expires.

AlieN
I know, I will probably go with it in the end, I dont suppose you have a link to the online list of FEO's do you ? I cant find it on their website and the number I had for my FEO is now invalid! (a cynic would suspect that they have pulled in the drawbridge and are hunkering down wallhead )
AlieN
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Bisley

#35 Post by AlieN »

kennyc wrote: I know, I will probably go with it in the end, I dont suppose you have a link to the online list of FEO's do you ? I cant find it on their website and the number I had for my FEO is now invalid! (a cynic would suspect that they have pulled in the drawbridge and are hunkering down wallhead )
Message sent...
jimbo303

#36 Post by jimbo303 »

I also fell foul of inadvertently sending in a phote I used for my last renewals.

Submitted 3rd week November, Doctors dealt with in December and call regarding renewal last week, and advised that should receive renewal Certs shortly. Current dont expire until mid March. Interestlingly cheque was only cashed 2 weeks ago.

Overall, from a variation that was turned around in under 2 weeks last Summer, my experiences with TVP have been most positive of late.

I was complemented on my complete and comprehensive renewal forms - just taking a bit of time to provide as much pertinent information regarding Club Memberships, Insurance, RCO qualifications, land permissions and record of usage for each firearm is not an onerous process every 5 years, but it is clear from a conversation with my FEO that they still get poorly completed or incomplete renewal submissions, for which there is really no excuse.

Now to see how long they take to arrive on the doormat....
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#37 Post by mag41uk »

I too have just received the "hello mate can you help us out" letter.
I think I will go along with it as I have been toying with getting a ml pistol again and have no slots.
Presumably everyone within TVP are getting these letters?
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#38 Post by Mattnall »

mag41uk wrote: Presumably everyone within TVP are getting these letters?
And if everyone takes them up they'll have to do it again in 5 years time to stop another glut of renewals.
I would assume they'll try to get 1/5th of them this year, the same for the next 3 years and then they'll have a nice even spread of renewals as long as more TVP-ites don't apply for more licenses all at once.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#39 Post by Dark Skies »

AlieN wrote:

AlieN
In the end I have done - for a variety of practical reasons. One of my muzzle loading pistols looks like an uneconomical to repair warranty issue - requiring a slot to be opened up to cover the transition to a new revolver. Also I fancied more muzzle loaders in different calibres to my current ones. I hung on to my FAC and SGC and sent copies. The incentive to help was low until I made it work for me.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Keithkilvo1
Home club or Range: ARPC

#40 Post by Keithkilvo1 »

I have also received one of the letters, what sort of fee have you guys encountered from the GP?

Cheers