New Range Needs Support.

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

Re: New Range Needs Support.

#11 Post by mag41uk »

Be interesting to know on what basis the "againsts" made their decision.
Rockhopper

#12 Post by Rockhopper »

This particular planning authority doesn't seem to make comments like that public.
Disappointingly despite the Design Access Statement going large on Sport England's support for sports facilities their consultation response is very neutral.
BestDrugDoc
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Felton and District Rifle Club

#13 Post by BestDrugDoc »

Done

bigteeth
Thorney
Home club or Range: Silverstone Shooting Centre

#14 Post by Thorney »

hitchphil wrote:
bradaz11 wrote:I've supported it. I feel the clubs could do more to let people know it exists though, as a past user of the range, I had no idea it was happening
quite agree! they dont use any form of publicity other than their web page! no soc media, forums or twitter, Farcebook etc.
http://www.bedsssa.org.uk/new-range/

I have advised them a number of times to go talk to the guys at Silverstone who have been thru it all & have lots of experience in this - but you cant lead that horse to fresh grass let alone water!
Ive helped a few ranges get their ideas off the ground and how to deal with planners, I think I've spoken to someone from here, cant be sure to be honest. I have provided all the planning stuff we did for anyone if they want it, we won on appeal so there is precedent now for other outdoor ranges (am now doing it again for indoor ranges!)
bradaz11
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#15 Post by bradaz11 »

Just been sent this by an ex club mate

ImageImage

Sent from my phone while pooping
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Geek
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#16 Post by Geek »

Supported.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Dunc
Home club or Range: Marlow

#17 Post by Dunc »

I was slightly concerned that when I had made my comments in support, after giving my name and address in the process, the next web page mentioned that the comments would be made available for public viewing, or something like that.

I've just spoken to the case officer in charge, Stuart Kemp, making him aware of the sensitivity that some shooters could have of their address where firearms are stored, being made public. He assured me that while the comments could be made public, any personal information would be redacted and no private information like names and addresses would be released. So we should have no reason to be concerned. (I know my FEO would take a very dim view of this, in case you're wondering...)

Hope this is of interest.

Would be great if more of us could support this application as the objectors are still ahead. 51 for 67 against.
Chuck

#18 Post by Chuck »

Some friends reporting the link doesn't work..got no problems from way over here..
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
MistAgain

#19 Post by MistAgain »

It would be interesting to know how many of the objectors actually live in Streatley .

The NRA , NSRA and BASC should all be there backing the project .
Dunc
Home club or Range: Marlow

#20 Post by Dunc »

MistAgain wrote:It would be interesting to know how many of the objectors actually live in Streatley .

The NRA , NSRA and BASC should all be there backing the project .
Does the club not have more than 50 members themselves?