Pleased with service for variation from Kent Police

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
JohnASmith97
Home club or Range: Southampton University

Pleased with service for variation from Kent Police

#1 Post by JohnASmith97 »

Just a quick departure from the doom and gloom to say that I'm happy with the service from Kent Police on my recent variation. While the process itself wasn't super fast in terms of number of days, forms sent off (without existing certificate) on the 18th of December, and receiving the new one today, It was actually fairly fast all things considered.

I initially called them on the 17th to clear up a few things with the process (my first variation) and was told that they wouldn't get to it until the new year (which is fair) and was advised to not send my FAC in with the application. I got a call back on the 7th of January to confirm things and to ask me to send in my certificate, which reached them on Wednesday the 9th, then the new cert arrived today. All in all I don't think I could have asked for much better really!

Feel free to get back to the doom and gloom again now!
artiglio

Re: Pleased with service for variation from Kent Police

#2 Post by artiglio »

as it happens , I had a visit from my feo ( checking position of moved cabinets), apparently kent reviewed their staffing and work load a while back and as a result have increased numbers both in the office and feo's , the backlogs have been just about dealt with and they intend providing a much faster service. So fingers crossed things will go much swifter and smoother.
JohnASmith97
Home club or Range: Southampton University

Re: Pleased with service for variation from Kent Police

#3 Post by JohnASmith97 »

artiglio wrote:as it happens , I had a visit from my feo ( checking position of moved cabinets), apparently kent reviewed their staffing and work load a while back and as a result have increased numbers both in the office and feo's , the backlogs have been just about dealt with and they intend providing a much faster service. So fingers crossed things will go much swifter and smoother.
Yeah I was told that when I had mine granted the year before last, the entire process took about 3 months, of which at least a month was me delaying things! Comparing to a friend of mine in another county who was told to expect it to take 6+ months!