Well done Avon and Somerset FAL

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
swotty
Home club or Range: FDPC & NRA

Re: Well done Avon and Somerset FAL

#11 Post by swotty »

Grizzly wrote:Avon and Somerset have provided consistently good service over the last 7 years for my variations, renewals and paperwork. From allowing 6 + firearms on my first FAC, relatively high ammo limits and 1-2 week turnarounds for variations and renewals. Now they offer online transfer notifications. Got to be one of the best counties in the country for firearm ownership.
Blimey, they must like you...my last variation about October last year took six weeks!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using "An application"
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#12 Post by redcat »

Durham - 15 minutes while you wait. THAT'S service.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
swotty

#13 Post by swotty »

redcat wrote:Durham - 15 minutes while you wait. THAT'S service.

Redcat
Ah, the only person I know who's managed that here for a few years was a copper, not what you know but who you know......

Sent from my Moto G (5) using "An application"
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#14 Post by Gh0st »

Well mine landed on Wiltshire door mat this morning, so the clock beings.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
BooBoo
Home club or Range: Various

#15 Post by BooBoo »

If you call Wilts in advance then they will still do an urgent variation whilst you sit patiently waiting in the Reception of HQ...
swotty

#16 Post by swotty »

Ok....so I take this all back. Currently been waiting 4weeks and there's very little chance of seeing my licence for at least another couple of weeks. How can it go from 7 days to six weeks wait??
the running man

#17 Post by the running man »

That's Avon and Somerset for you,once had a variation done in a day,it all depends who's out sick etc.....
Always judge a person by how they treat someone that is of no use to them......
swotty

#18 Post by swotty »

Ok, so not so well done to A&S licencing at the moment. Apparently the chap who signs them off is on holiday and he's the only person who can do it! Also saying they're short staffed....they really should have updated all their systems when we had the increase in cost to help cover the upgrade!
Racalman
Home club or Range: LPSC and NRA

#19 Post by Racalman »

Dark Skies wrote:
bradaz11 wrote:my FEO said one that calls/ texts me is fine. I plan on calling 999 if it goes off, and letting them know my alarm is going off, when they say they don't care, then I'll mention the xx odd firearms at my house that might be disappearing.
That's the view I take too.
I installed my own alarm and added on a GSM autodialer which cost about £70 and calls/texts me if the alarm is triggered. I can then check CCTV on my phone and alert plod if necessary.
proteus
Home club or Range: Bisley

#20 Post by proteus »

Monitored alarms are a total waste of money. The company call you first to go back to your house, then the other key holders. The police only get called as a last resort. You'd be much better off with your own that contacts you directly.