Oh Dear - Advvice should have been free

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Chapuis

Re: Oh Dear - Advvice should have been free

#11 Post by Chapuis »

TattooedGun wrote:
Chapuis wrote:Or will the matter of the FAC air rifles swing the balance against him?
I seemed to have missed this point? What about FAC air rifles have I missed?
If you look up the case as it was reported in the Telegraph it mentions possession of FAC rated air rifles without the necessary authority. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/0 ... ould-have/
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Oh Dear - Advvice should have been free

#12 Post by Sim G »

Chapuis wrote:
Sim G wrote:He was a former Constable. He was a civilian employee. He abused his position and violated the trust placed him. He will go to prison.

But then when you have doctors charging 200 quid for a letter and solicitors charging 200 quite for “opinion” and the years of austerity forced on the public sector, this is the result. Sir Robert Marks’ enquiry in the 70s illustrated the risks of having a well trained but poorly paid police service.
Yes he certainly abused his position and most probably his conditions of employment too, but I wonder if the judge will consider that alone will be sufficient to impose a custodial sentence. Or will the matter of the FAC air rifles swing the balance against him?

Only £200 for a solicitors opinion, that's cheap!

Yeah, I imagine the two counts of misconduct in a public office will see him with six to nine months with six for the FAC air rifles to run concurrent.

Misconduct is the one the courts really don't like to see before them...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!