Hopefully some good news on the way from the USA?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Chuck

Hopefully some good news on the way from the USA?

#1 Post by Chuck »

Looks like an easing of export regs could be on the cards..

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/02/0 ... e025162f23
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Hopefully some good news on the way from the USA?

#2 Post by Blackstuff »

Sounds more like arms deals from manufacturers direct to me rather than anything an ordinary shooter will benefit from. I can't believe Trumpy still hasn't got rid of ITAR for one so allegedly fond of free commerce
DVC
Individual
Past Supporter

#3 Post by Individual »

Blackstuff wrote: I can't believe Trumpy still hasn't got rid of ITAR for one so allegedly fond of free commerce
signfunnypost
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#4 Post by Dark Skies »

I'm not holding out too much hope of being able to buy ordinary bits and bobs without the usual 'we don't ship internationally' bo...cks when you've finally located the non-pressure / load-bearing thingy spring for your old Winchester under-lever and such.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#5 Post by Les »

Dark Skies wrote:I'm not holding out too much hope of being able to buy ordinary bits and bobs without the usual 'we don't ship internationally' bo...cks when you've finally located the non-pressure / load-bearing thingy spring for your old Winchester under-lever and such.
+1. I'm sure that most of the 'thingy springs' are not affected by ITAR, but the sellers just can't be bothered to separate what can be shipped from what can't be, so they just don't ship at all - full stop. ****
MistAgain

#6 Post by MistAgain »

It wont make much difference , apart from companies saving roughly $2500.00 a year .

Unless they change what is covered by ITAR .

I bet the cost of an export licence will go up though .
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#7 Post by Lancs Lad »

I stopped trying to buy stuff from the US a good while ago and I won't be changing my present suppliers to favour US suppliers even if the rules are changed.

Regards ... LL
:flag13:
RDC

#8 Post by RDC »

Blackstuff wrote:Sounds more like arms deals from manufacturers direct to me rather than anything an ordinary shooter will benefit from. I can't believe Trumpy still hasn't got rid of ITAR for one so allegedly fond of free commerce
Why would they get rid of it when they make a fortune in non-compliance fines? Understanding and dealing with ITAR is a multi-billion dollar business as it is.
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#9 Post by DaveB »

I admit I had really hoped for an easing of ITAR rules under Trump. Pity it didn't happen. I do some procurement work for the NZDF, and am so sick and tired of dealing with companies that won't even tell me enough about their product to allow me to decide if it's worth considering, because they don't have State Department approval to even release basic information. How on earth am I supposed to know if it's worth approaching the State Department, with all the attendant bureaucracy that entails, if you won't even give the the basic information?