Advice needed, what do I do next?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

Re: Advice needed, what do I do next?

#21 Post by DanTheMan »

Neil, I presume these firearms require section 5 transport which requires a lot more organisation and planning than a simple RFD to RFD transfer.
That said, the lack of customer service is shocking, something that you occasionally get from part time RFD's.
It will be worth it in the end, fingers crossed for Saturday.
Lancs_Oakley
Home club or Range: Diggle

#22 Post by Lancs_Oakley »

So.…. the next question is have you notified your firearms dept about the purchase yet? I am happy to be corrected but 7 days starts ticking from when he puts it on your FAC IIRC... personally I would be sending an email to your force and his force pronto to cover your donkey.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#23 Post by Dark Skies »

Lancs_Oakley wrote:So.…. the next question is have you notified your firearms dept about the purchase yet? I am happy to be corrected but 7 days starts ticking from when he puts it on your FAC IIRC... personally I would be sending an email to your force and his force pronto to cover your donkey.
Yes, that was my immediate take on the situation too.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#24 Post by Dellboy »

christel wrote:Part time RFD?

Which means it will take time...

I have experienced long delays from some of the large companies after paying for firearms for customers ... :bad:
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Christel
Site Admin

#25 Post by Christel »

Dellboy wrote:
christel wrote:Part time RFD?

Which means it will take time...

I have experienced long delays from some of the large companies after paying for firearms for customers ... :bad:
I am sure we all have, it is part of the gun world, delays.
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#26 Post by bnz41 »

So.…. the next question is have you notified your firearms dept about the purchase yet? YES first thing we did.

Update both items arrived so all's well that ends well.
Gazza

#27 Post by Gazza »

Why does a part time RFD take longer than a full time one?
Why was he replying to a voice call with a text? so he cant be recorded?
The fact that its been "advised" not to name them on here is crap :bad: Is there an RFD code of conduct similar to the masons where you don't rubbish each other? even if they are s***? If the truth be told then only a fool would take the legal route in retaliation.
Is the RFD on here by any chance?

Answers please to Teresa may, Brian May and if I may, Doris Day lol
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#28 Post by Mattnall »

Gazza wrote:Why does a part time RFD take longer than a full time one?
Perhaps he has a full-time other job which means he is only available to hand to Parcel Force on certain days of the week/month. Perhaps the RFD was amiss to give a shipping date he couldn't meet or perhaps something more urgent came up and it had to be delayed (Shipping on a Saturday is not advisable in any case).
Why was he replying to a voice call with a text? so he cant be recorded?
Too many reasons to list them all. Maybe he was unable to talk about gun stuff in his location, however all texts are recorded by their nature, not everyone has voice recording on their phone so that idea is out.
The fact that its been "advised" not to name them on here is crap :bad: Is there an RFD code of conduct similar to the masons where you don't rubbish each other? even if they are s***? If the truth be told then only a fool would take the legal route in retaliation.
There is "The Scotsgun Ruling" on this forum, but even so we are only getting one side of this, the RFD may well have a perfectly reasonable excuse but we don't have the benefit of their side to judge.
Is the RFD on here by any chance?
Your guess is as good as mine on this.
It would seem the biggest crime the RFD is possibly guilty off is poor communication with the buyer. This all happened in under 3 weeks. Without knowing the full circumstances it is hard to judge whether any of the problems experienced by the buyer/OP would have been an issue if there had been a bit more communication, but that might not have been possible given certain situations.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#29 Post by Ovenpaa »

EDIT - Huh?? Did I just imagine a post? The firearm arrive safely so were you going to post a picture? After all it seems like you went through a bit of a rigmarole to get the thing home.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

#30 Post by Nelly2014 »

In ANY dodgy or potentially so situation always ring on another phone so they don't 'clock' the number. Many dealers, even p/t, are on social media where you can give a s*** feedback if necessary.
I had a situation with a dealer's general bad attitude, twice, so I left a harsh but accurate review on google and it's still there.
I've subsequently heard of other people they have p*** off.