Advice needed, what do I do next?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Chapuis

Re: Advice needed, what do I do next?

#11 Post by Chapuis »

I wouldn't be surprised if the problem is transporting the firearm to your receiving RFD. Presumably the selling RFD being only part time will have limited options open to him as I assume he may not have an account with an approved carrier.
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#12 Post by bnz41 »

Ovenpaa wrote:Yes, well we paid out GBP4500.00 on a bank transfer with absolutely no issues. They went into liquidation a few hours later and we never saw a penny of our money nor what we had paid for. There is virtually no legal comeback in such a case as apparently the employees, HMRC and creditors, followed by the liquidators had preference over us.

Sorry for your loss, but that has nothing to do with our situation as of 12.20 pm today he is still trading selling firearms. I just want what we paid for the two guns bought in good faith. Which we own on paper but do not have in our possession.
bnz41

#13 Post by bnz41 »

Chapuis wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the problem is transporting the firearm to your receiving RFD. Presumably the selling RFD being only part time will have limited options open to him as I assume he may not have an account with an approved carrier.
He offers RFD transfer so one would have thought he has a contract with a company to ship them through. Or he should get in his car and deliver in person. Use some of the profit he made from the money we paid for the fuel costs.
Christel
Site Admin

#14 Post by Christel »

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/rifles/be ... 2213908406

Thought I saw the bank transfer blurb somewhere recently :)

I do not think the time scale is something to worry about, we had had to wait a lot longer for guns to arrive from P/T RFDs.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#15 Post by Sim G »

I don't think you've been shafted, per se, I reckon you will get the firearms paid for eventually. What you have had is utterly sh1tty customer service. Personally, I don't like the fact that this and other forums will not allow the experiences with dealers, to be shared. I understand fully why, but, I still believe crap dealers in our very small arena should be outed.

The best tool for ensuring decent customer service is feedback that either enhances or detracts from their reputation. "Mr Blahblah RFD from Sandford is appalling because...." and yes, you may get the odd malicious report, but even eBay has "feedback"!

I say out the fecker! You're an honest bloke Neil that we've known for years, I know I'd trust you that some Schiester dealer....!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Christel
Site Admin

#16 Post by Christel »

SimG, in an ideal world and all...only thing is that if the wrong word is being said then a solicitor is mentioned...
bnz41

#17 Post by bnz41 »

I have received a text message from the RFD to my phone call this morning. No they will be shipped Saturday, I tried to ring him straight back he did not pick up, so left another message asking was this guaranteed. Still no wiser.

Thanks Simon for your reply which was to the question I asked what to do next. I will see if they arrive if not then I think a call to the Firearms departments will be needed his and ours next week.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#18 Post by Ovenpaa »

You can always post 'As I am yet to have a positive experience.............' :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#19 Post by breacher »

Sim G wrote:I don't think you've been shafted, per se, I reckon you will get the firearms paid for eventually. What you have had is utterly sh1tty customer service. Personally, I don't like the fact that this and other forums will not allow the experiences with dealers, to be shared. I understand fully why, but, I still believe crap dealers in our very small arena should be outed.

The best tool for ensuring decent customer service is feedback that either enhances or detracts from their reputation. "Mr Blahblah RFD from Sandford is appalling because...." and yes, you may get the odd malicious report, but even eBay has "feedback"!

I say out the fecker! You're an honest bloke Neil that we've known for years, I know I'd trust you that some Schiester dealer....!
Sandford lol

Brings back memories !!
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#20 Post by breacher »

I would say - call your FEO ( or better still e-mail and cc the RFD ) to the effect - "A rfd has entered two rifles on my ticked x number of days ago. They are still not in my possession x number of days later and the rfd is being evasive. Please advise what I should do next as there are two firearms somewhere when they should be in my possession"
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire