European Firearms Pass

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
walesdave

Re: European Firearms Pass

#21 Post by walesdave »

IanWR - some interesting points. I'm not sure what I'll do after Brexit, but on a positive note I asked at the club last night and they are happy for me to keep attending and shooting club guns if I want.
Matnall - when I last looked at working in Switzerland (10 years ago so I might be out of date) I was told the Swiss recognise any other countries FACs except for a small lost of dodgy places...Angola,, Somalia etc. So if you have a UK FAC you can take and use your guns in Switzerland.....but double check as I'm not 100% definate.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: European Firearms Pass

#22 Post by kennyc »

walesdave wrote:IanWR - some interesting points. I'm not sure what I'll do after Brexit, but on a positive note I asked at the club last night and they are happy for me to keep attending and shooting club guns if I want.
Matnall - when I last looked at working in Switzerland (10 years ago so I might be out of date) I was told the Swiss recognise any other countries FACs except for a small lost of dodgy places...Angola,, Somalia etc. So if you have a UK FAC you can take and use your guns in Switzerland.....but double check as I'm not 100% definate.
you can take and use your guns in Switzerland as long as you have a valid FAC and (because unless flying you have to get them there ) a EFP (for the countries you transit through.) members of the British Alpine Rifles do this at least twice a year if they take guns to the competition weeks .
you can use your UK FAC to obtain acquisition permits in Switzerland, you can also import your guns into Switzerland although you will need to satisfy the local Cantonal Police requirements as to residence and suitability to hold firearms (again your FAC is useful)