What are your shooting goals this year...?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
stottycake
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Tcsc,.gardners guns,

Re: What are your shooting goals this year...?

#21 Post by stottycake »

Les wrote:To hit more targets than I miss. 5mith
This aaarggh
Site Supporter Since 2015

#22 Post by 1066 »

I started doing some 10m airpistol last year so plan to improve, I'm a mile away from where my pistol shooting was 30 years ago but slowly clawing back a little lost ground but sadly realise it's not going to happen soon, if ever.. So aim to get my average up into the 90's and improve my PB (96)

Also just signed up for UKbenchrest so be interesting to see how competitive the old Finnfire is.

Would also like to improve my absolutely abysmal shotgun shooting but I think that's a step too far.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
poll007
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Deal & District

#23 Post by poll007 »

My goal is completing my driving licence and buying a car

(getting to and from the range on a moped isn't the easiest, especially when going to shoot fullbore with milsurps in the winter)

Plus it means i can bring along more of the new shooters on a regular basis.
artiglio

#24 Post by artiglio »

Spend moretime on the range either trying to hit the bit in the middle, do better than last year, or just stand around “ perforating a turd” ( shooting the ess aitch one tee)with my fellow shooters. And hoping that the tiny groups when practicing miraculously reappear in a comp.
Racalman
Home club or Range: LPSC and NRA

#25 Post by Racalman »

Daryll wrote:2. Get the cataracts in my shooting eye done... putting the fuzzy sights on the fuzzy target isn't working out too well. :o
Have you had your cataract surgery yet?

I had mine done a couple of years ago after much research with excellent results. The consultant was so impressed with my solution he has used it on a number of his other patients :)
Cj10

#26 Post by Cj10 »

Not finish last (again) in any of the CSR matches. It’s addictive, regardless of how far off competitive I am.

Ceri
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#27 Post by bnz41 »

Our shooting has taken another route & interest this year so will want to improve this over the years ahead.
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#28 Post by Daryll »

Racalman wrote:
Daryll wrote:2. Get the cataracts in my shooting eye done... putting the fuzzy sights on the fuzzy target isn't working out too well. :o

I had mine done a couple of years ago after much research with excellent results. The consultant was so impressed with my solution he has used it on a number of his other patients :)
No, I'm on the NHS waiting list but apparently won't get called until Sept / Oct... :bad:

So No 3 ( go to the WSC again) is out this year too... partly because of the cataracts, but mainly as my father has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, which could mean a traumatic last quarter of the year... :cry:
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#29 Post by Alpha1 »

Get my left eye fixed so I can actually see out of it again. Sell all the rifles I don't actually use and there is quite or was quite a number of them but they are slowly being whittled down. Acquire stuff that I am actually going to shoot long term on a regular basis. It has to be stuff I can afford to shoot and reload for. Sort out all the stuff in boxes that has accumulated over my lifetime and sell it. Parker hale sights are at a premium I keep tripping over them every time I pick something up. Buy a Ruger Precision long range rifle in .308. (I already have one put aside at my local dealer just need to pay for it.) Sell my Steyr SSG 69 P1 maybe. Sell the Khales scopes I have laid about. (May be) Depends on what type of scope I decide to put on the Ruger. Get rid of all my .22 rifles they are boring boring boring.

Acquire a bigger lathe to go in my new shed acquire a bigger mill to go in my new shed so I can do more gunsmithing stuff.

RETIRE.
teanews hmm whats next who knows there are not enough hours in the day I need to retire so I can keep up with the other jobs and make some money.
Racalman
Home club or Range: LPSC and NRA

#30 Post by Racalman »

Daryll wrote:
Racalman wrote:

No, I'm on the NHS waiting list but apparently won't get called until Sept / Oct... :bad:

So No 3 ( go to the WSC again) is out this year too... partly because of the cataracts, but mainly as my father has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, which could mean a traumatic last quarter of the year... :cry:
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your father. :cry:

It's a sad fact in the NHS right now that they won't operate on cataracts until you can't drive anymore. Fuzzy targets don't count. :cry:

Remember you can choose the focal distance for your lens implant, but you will need to wear glasses or contact lenses to see clearly anywhere else. Unless ...

I had a distance implant in my left (dominant) eye and near (1 metre) in my right (shooting) eye. The brain supresses the blur from the right eye and I can see to drive, shoot, read my phone etc. without any problems. I only need glasses for close up stuff.