Yardley is on a facebook ban.

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

Re: Yardley is on a facebook ban.

#11 Post by Dark Skies »

It doesn't appear he has been banned. Perhaps he deactivated his account to recover from all those "death threats" he claims he receives.
He's very much holding forth on NZ at the moment.
https://www.facebook.com/michael.yardley1

I bitterly regret hanging around after the Save our Sport march to hear this knob-head speak - I could have been in the pub doing something constructive with my time.

I considered trolling him and suggesting it was time shotguns were banned given their use in the shootings.
However, the thought of becoming, or at least appearing, a divisive self-absorbed tool like him is abhorrent to me.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#12 Post by Dark Skies »

Reading further it would seem he's been placed on the naughty step for a week for posting pictures of firearms used in the NZ rampage - taken from stills of the killer's video which Yardley was obliged to watch "for professional reasons".
He really does fancy himself as an international authoritaaiii on all matters firearm.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#13 Post by dromia »

Surely being banned from arsebook is the best thing that could happen to anyone daft enough to use it.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

#14 Post by HH1 »

Dark Skies wrote:
I considered trolling him and suggesting it was time shotguns were banned given their use in the shootings.
However, the thought of becoming, or at least appearing, a divisive self-absorbed tool like him is abhorrent to me.
There have been a fair few cases of wealthy businessmen shooting their families and themselves with shotguns over the years.
Robbo

#15 Post by Robbo »

I've seen him on TV, and just read some of the FB stuff.

I would have though that if you're the kind of person who is going to go around killing people because you have a fascination with "black AR style rifles with high capacity mags" then perhaps you're the kind fo person who should be granted an FAC in the first place?

When shooting in Romania I know for the RCO positions there was a great deal of psychological testing done as as the ultimate authority on the range (part of the requirement was to always keep a loaded sidearm on the for that necessity should it ever occur.....).

I did bread somewhere that during the second would war British mommies could know off an alarming high rate of fire with the standard Lee Enfield with a ten round mag.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#16 Post by GeeRam »

Robbo wrote: I did bread somewhere that during the second would war British mommies could know off an alarming high rate of fire with the standard Lee Enfield with a ten round mag.
lol

One too many sherbets tonight perhaps?
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#17 Post by Alpha1 »

signfunnypost
lol lol
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#18 Post by breacher »

Dark Skies wrote:It doesn't appear he has been banned. Perhaps he deactivated his account to recover from all those "death threats" he claims he receives.
He's very much holding forth on NZ at the moment.
https://www.facebook.com/michael.yardley1

I bitterly regret hanging around after the Save our Sport march to hear this knob-head speak - I could have been in the pub doing something constructive with my time.

Maybe its a short suspension ?

He is not replying ( maybe due to ban ) to latest replies to his posts -which is unlike him.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#19 Post by Blackstuff »

I actually lol'ed when I saw a post on Facebook where he claim HE was trying to have a discussion with 'the other side' of the shooting community and it US blocking HIM?! kukkuk lol
DVC
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#20 Post by breacher »

Ok - apparently he posted a still image of the "black rifles" from the helmet cam video.

Facebook obviously are automatically blocking any page that does that - some bot is doing it. Nothing personal.

But Yardley feels its a conspiracy !

And he is very butthurt that although he is suspended, his profile is active and us gun nuts can post replies to his posts but he cannot respond ( what he means he cannot delete our replies and block us )
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire