Video of Michael Yardley before.................

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

Video of Michael Yardley before.................

#1 Post by breacher »

.............he decided to do a total u-turn in order to achieve more publicity. Sell out - pure and simple.

https://www.facebook.com/michelle.lumle ... 58768/?t=2
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Christel
Site Admin

Re: Video of Michael Yardley before.................

#2 Post by Christel »

No doubt he will claim that it has been edited and that is not actually what he is saying 5mith
Gazza

#3 Post by Gazza »

This video should be posted on his facebook/twatter/instagram pages etc to show his "mates" the other side of him. :good:
JSC
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA

#4 Post by JSC »

Seems like he has some sort of memory problem. Needs to go see a doctor IMO.
Dark Skies

#5 Post by Dark Skies »

Gazza wrote:This video should be posted on his facebook/twatter/instagram pages etc to show his "mates" the other side of him. :good:
Someone appears to have done just that.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Gazza

#6 Post by Gazza »

Dark Skies wrote:
Gazza wrote:This video should be posted on his facebook/twatter/instagram pages etc to show his "mates" the other side of him. :good:
Someone appears to have done just that.
Oh, yes! :oops: lol
Egg on Leggs1
Home club or Range: Kings Heath Rifle Club

#7 Post by Egg on Leggs1 »

My word, what a two faced bumhole. If I ever meet him I will be of the inclination to upset the bellend.
Dark Skies

#8 Post by Dark Skies »

Someone posted the link on his own FB page along with a brief message saying "whatever happened to this level-headed chap?"

To which he has replied "1) I'm back 2) I'm still level headed 3) nothing showing up on that link..."

So if nothing showed in the link how did he know to whom and to what the post was referring to?

Then along comes one of his acolytes who has obviously seen the clip thus:

"One of the biggest mistakes people make is going back and saying look what so and so said years ago. We live and learn and we change our minds. Times change.
But I do believe that mike isn’t asking for a ban but for shooters to think more about the image of shooting and to be smart.
Times have changed."

Thereby making Yardley look foolish for his eyes wide shut remark. I found myself reading it in a childlike sing-song in my head.
'I can't see it. Nah. Nah. Nah. Nah. Nah.'
Christel
Site Admin

#9 Post by Christel »

Dark Skies wrote: But I do believe that mike isn’t asking for a ban but for shooters to think more about the image of shooting and to be smart.
Times have changed."
THE ABOVE IS A QUOTE, NOT BY DS.

So now we have to lie low and excuse our sport?
Slink along the wall to get to the car with our gun, hidden in a sports bag?
I do not think so.

See, if our sport is that atrocious then what does that make us?
Dark Skies

#10 Post by Dark Skies »

christel wrote:
Dark Skies wrote: But I do believe that mike isn’t asking for a ban but for shooters to think more about the image of shooting and to be smart.
Times have changed."
THE ABOVE IS A QUOTE, NOT BY DS.

So now we have to lie low and excuse our sport?
Slink along the wall to get to the car with our gun, hidden in a sports bag?
I do not think so.

See, if our sport is that atrocious then what does that make us?
It's a load of old tramp's plums anyhow.
Yardley has been very consistent regarding his standpoint; I don't know why he allows his simpering fans to misrepresent his clear views. This from his own site from around 2015:

"I think military style weapons in civilian hands convey quite the wrong image and one which is potentially damaging to the shooting sports at the moment. The possession of such weapons panders to potentially unhealthy fantasy (and don't tell me it doesn't, I have spoken to/observed too many fantasists). And these guns with large mags and rapid firing mechanisms facilitate amok killing in the wrong hands. With our sports so threatened now, I think it important that we make a clear statement about this even if it is personally inconvenient. ..."

He knows full well that in the UK ordinary citizens can only possess single shot pale imitations of the original in full bore or semi auto in .22 yet he persists to join in with the narrative and call them 'weapons'. He joins in the illusion that their having large magazines means they're capable of rapid fire and the weapon of choice when someone runs amok. And the cherry on the top of his rant is to associate anyone who owns them as a fantasist.

He regularly makes assertions that 'there is no place for military style rifles in civilian shooting.'
He's currently claiming on FB that he received / receives death threats from among the shooting community. No proof is forthcoming obviously. I fully believe it to be utter bullshit.

I consider the man to be a bloody menace to all shooting sports and a disgrace to everyone who stood and listened to him in Trafalgar Square all those years ago when we marched for our sport.