What are you going to take up to replace shooting?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: What are you going to take up to replace shooting?

#51 Post by Alpha1 »

The last time I visited an unemployment office. I was told by my previous employer I was entitled to job seekers allowance and was advised to go claim it. I had never been out of work for at least 25 years.
So I made an appointment and turned up I filled all the forms in then was interviewed by a girl that looked about 16. After all the questioning she worked out that to place me she would have to find a position that would equate to me being in charge of everything that went on in the building she worked in and everybody in it no matter what department they worked in. So I asked her am I entitled to job seekers allowance. Her reply was probably but I will have to check. But what I do know is we are never going to be able to job match you. I told her to donate my jobseekers allowance to charity because I would not be coming back.
Fortunately, I was contacted and offered another position in days. My problem is people letting me stop working for a living not finding work.
(I realize not everyone is as fortunate as that.)
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#52 Post by breacher »

The question for me is not what I would do to replace my hobby / sport of shooting.

Rather, its whether I would want to stay in a country which tells me what sport I can and cannot indulge in based on the crimes of someone else.

Sure - I could find another hobby - but I want that to be voluntary not forced upon me when I have done nothing wrong.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#53 Post by snayperskaya »

breacher wrote:The question for me is not what I would do to replace my hobby / sport of shooting.

Rather, its whether I would want to stay in a country which tells me what sport I can and cannot indulge in based on the crimes of someone else.

Sure - I could find another hobby - but I want that to be voluntary not forced upon me when I have done nothing wrong.
goodjob best response so far, to be honest not many folks have said they would fight tooth and nail to try and prevent our sport disappearing (maybe that goes without saying, maybe everyone will just bend over.....who knows?).....and I think someone said they'd only miss their preferred type of shooting and wouldn't miss the rest if they all went!!!, well as long as I'm alright jack!!!.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
toffe wrapper

#54 Post by toffe wrapper »

Drug dealer.
More money I get to shoot pistols and travel. bangbang
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#55 Post by safetyfirst »

toffe wrapper wrote:Drug dealer.
Best answer yet.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#56 Post by snayperskaya »

safetyfirst wrote:
toffe wrapper wrote:Drug dealer.

Best answer yet.
Yep.....new best response :p

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

@nd

#57 Post by @nd »

Knitting. O no they will probably ban that in case I poke my eyes out with the needles or hang my self with the wool.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#58 Post by snayperskaya »

@nd wrote:Knitting. O no they will probably ban that in case I poke my eyes out with the needles or hang my self with the wool.
Depending on who gets in next yoghurt-knitting* and basket weaving may be the only options left as classic cars and motorcycles will be deemed too noisy and dangerous, plus they frighten little Tarquin, anything DIY-related that involves anything sharp/pointy will be out and fishing will be outlawed (did you ask that fishes consent!!!???).......* but don't worry as yoghurt-knitting needles will be exempt as they will be blunt and made from 100% organically recycled quinoa packets!. :p

RDC

#59 Post by RDC »

If it ever comes down to losing all the fun types of shooting (and I am still going enough...), I'll probably take up roller derby.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roller_derby
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#60 Post by Pete »

It's a bit soon to start wondering about the complete end of shooting as a sport/pastime...............true, they've stopped handguns, auto's and centrefire semi's, and it certainly hasn't made anyone any safer, but I think all this gnashing of teeth and wailing, not to mention the self-flagellation, is a wee bit premature...............

If only there wasn't so many f%&$£@g people on this planet, we could all have a good time without ruining ourselves or the earth.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....