Anti gun media continued demomisation of legal gun owners.

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

Re: Anti gun media continued demomisation of legal gun owner

#31 Post by WelshShooter »

I took Dave Mitchell's comments with a pinch of salt as you're never certain whether an article from a comic is meant to be serious or satire. However, it's the oiks in the comments that got me frustrated.

"Why do you need guns?", "if you want to make holes in a target, take up archery", "if you want to play aiming (sic) play the Wii" and so on and so forth. If that were the case, why stop at shooting and go full retard. Ban sports cars and just have a VW polo chassis with a Lambourghini facia, as no one needs to travel over 70mph. Ban alcohol, it has no positive impact on society and the taxpayer has to foot the bill (police and paramedics in cities reacting to bar fights etc).

Why is it always about need, what's wrong with wanting to have a decent pastime that people have enjoyed for decades?
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#32 Post by Pete »

cheers It's meant to illustrate, among other things, that not everyone who shoots is a far right nationalist..............which is the impression the public appears to have.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#33 Post by safetyfirst »

Sim G wrote:
safetyfirst wrote:What a rude, ignorant outburst.

I didn't even begin to get rude....
no! I meant Mitchell!
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#34 Post by Dark Skies »

Pete wrote:cheers It's meant to illustrate, among other things, that not everyone who shoots is a far right nationalist..............which is the impression the public appears to have.

Pete
You should add a little Star of David too. Just to illustrate not all Labour lefties are anti-Semitic. :)
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Sim G
Past Supporter

#35 Post by Sim G »

Pete wrote:cheers It's meant to illustrate, among other things, that not everyone who shoots is a far right nationalist..............which is the impression the public appears to have.

That in itself is an interesting aspect. Although not everyone who shoots is a screaming ultra-nationalist, give the traffic on forums in the UK, US and Australia and the conversations that occur in gun clubs, most political leanings do appear centre right/Conservatist...

And left leaning newspapers do tend to "wide eye rant" about gun ownership.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sim G
Past Supporter

#36 Post by Sim G »

safetyfirst wrote:
Sim G wrote:
safetyfirst wrote:What a rude, ignorant outburst.

I didn't even begin to get rude....
no! I meant Mitchell!

:o lol lol oops, sorry. ;)
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Site Supporter Since 2015

#37 Post by 1066 »

And while we're thinking about how the shooting sports are portrayed, this load of tripe appeared this morning.

Apparently we can now by AK47's without a licence.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... earms.html

This is patently untrue and inaccurate. Do you think the senior fulltime representatives at our shooting associations will respond with an official complaint to the Editorial compliance executive? if not why not?
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Sim G
Past Supporter

#38 Post by Sim G »

I remember Iain WR saying on here ages ago that articles such as this are challenged by the NRA, but the paper decides what it wishes to print, or not...

Sim G
Past Supporter

#39 Post by Sim G »

And I have just sent Louise Haigh an email...

Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#40 Post by Pete »

If I remember correctly, fairground shooting booths used to have .22SR rifles. Rotten old underlever carbines with sights adjusted to miss.............

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....