Northern shooting show.

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
The Gun Pimp

Re: Northern shooting show.

#11 Post by The Gun Pimp »

It's been really busy today. On the Target Shooter stand - not had chance to look round yet but should have some help for Sunday
450 Martini
Home club or Range: Swadlincote RPC

#12 Post by 450 Martini »

I went yesterday. We drove up from Staffordshire and got to the show about 9 o'clock. I had a wander around the stands, had a look at some very nice guns and some optics. We left around lunchtime and had something to eat in Harrogate and came home. It was quite busy but that's good in a way as it goes to show that the popularity of shooting sports is on the rise.
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#13 Post by Lancs Lad »

Very good show with excellent facilities.
Plenty to look at and found everything I needed at internet prices or less.
People running the stands were extremely helpful and had time to talk to you which in itself, influenced my purchases.
I will most certainly be back.

:flag13: LL
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#14 Post by 20series »

Just back, spent some money helpsign would have spent more if one of the few stands selling reloading consumables took cards, and no cash machine on site..

Not bad day out at all.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#15 Post by Lever357 »

Went on Saturday, amazingly no traffic just drove straight there without any problems - big improvement over last year.

I don't think it was as busy spectator wise, was shoulder to shoulder last few years.

Also think there was some stands missing that were listed as exhibitors.

Bought the Gunmart goody bag for a fiver, had a gold ticket in mine and won a Rottweil flask which was great.

Poor show for reloading supplies - no one with N320. And very little in general.

Had my mate with me who has just started shooting and got his tickets but I think he was disheartened at the price of rifles - I did try to tell him before he began the process!!!

Enjoyed the day overall.
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#16 Post by Blackstuff »

No pictures. Guys. Seriously. troutslapping
DVC
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#17 Post by 20series »

Lever357 wrote:Went on Saturday, amazingly no traffic just drove straight there without any problems - big improvement over last year.

I don't think it was as busy spectator wise, was shoulder to shoulder last few years.

Also think there was some stands missing that were listed as exhibitors.

Bought the Gunmart goody bag for a fiver, had a gold ticket in mine and won a Rottweil flask which was great.

Poor show for reloading supplies - no one with N320. And very little in general.

Had my mate with me who has just started shooting and got his tickets but I think he was disheartened at the price of rifles - I did try to tell him before he began the process!!!

Enjoyed the day overall.
Yes I had a new AIM drag bag on our list but despite being on the exhibitor list they weren't there. And yes reloading stuff was scarce, my earlier comment was where I found some lapua 308 brass and RS62 on a stand but they couldn't take cards.
Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP