What would you reccomend

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: What would you reccomend

#11 Post by dromia »

I have shot rifles and shot guns left handed all my life, as my main interest has been older military guns left handed was not and option, I have never found r/h guns a problem, you just get used to it. I currently have a L/H Savage in 17hmr and shooting it is really odd especially as I cannot see loading side of the reciever.

I shoot hand guns R/H and I am currently right dominant, the human body is surprisingly adaptable, the only R/H rifle I have trouble with are those with a high roll over cheek comb which digs into my face when shooting left handed, the worst offenders are some of the Parker Hale sporters and the BSA International, fortunately BSA did a L/H International so that is what I shoot.

Best advice is to try as many different types of firearms and configurations before even thinking of a purchase.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
MetalMagus
Home club or Range: Oop Norf....on a need to know basis

Re: What would you reccomend

#12 Post by MetalMagus »

Thank you. Sound advice. Like someone mentioned earlier I may be getting ahead of myself. But I wanted to try and come up with a short list. Knowing now that RH / LH is not such an issue really helps.

Once I get access to a club / range I will certainly try all they have to offer. Maybe pop into the local gun shop and ask if I can shoulder one or two guns see how they fit if the shop is quiet, and they have the time.

Cheers

Sean

Sent from my SM-G960F using "An application"