New Prohibitions to the offensive weapons act....

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

Re: New Prohibitions to the offensive weapons act....

#41 Post by HH1 »

Just looking at a copy of Shooting Sports (January 2019) which I was given at the club last night...

Southern Gun Company has an advert that says "WAIT FOR NEW MODEL 9mm and .45ACP"......

Is Bob now going to be doing straight-pull versions of our Lever Release rifles then?
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#42 Post by Sixshot6 »

HH1 wrote:Just looking at a copy of Shooting Sports (January 2019) which I was given at the club last night...

Southern Gun Company has an advert that says "WAIT FOR NEW MODEL 9mm and .45ACP"......

Is Bob now going to be doing straight-pull versions of our Lever Release rifles then?
I remember that.... He didn't describe the actions and was not at the practical show he was supposed to be at. Might be something else.....
MistAgain

#43 Post by MistAgain »

Sixshot6 wrote:
HH1 wrote:Just looking at a copy of Shooting Sports (January 2019) which I was given at the club last night...

I remember that.... He didn't describe the actions and was not at the practical show he was supposed to be at. Might be something else.....
He is supposed to be at the Phoenix next week .
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#44 Post by Sixshot6 »

MistAgain wrote:
Sixshot6 wrote:

He is supposed to be at the Phoenix next week .
If he is there, ask him? Whats the worse that can happen?
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#45 Post by Mattnall »

The Event wrote:
Pippin89 wrote:I guess the next logical question is, can current firearms be modified to remove the now banned action and convert it to a normal straight pull or similar? This would at least allow owners to keep some prized possessions......
Nope. Once a section 5, always a section 5.
But you could do the work before they are banned, however it could be better and most likely easier to get the compensation and buy another rifle.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#46 Post by Blackstuff »

1066 wrote:As Sim G said - just "seen to be doing something" - they will never stop. The real problem with this type of legislation is it's being pushed through because of a perceived problem, not in response to a real problem. When the next Home Secretary needs to be seen to be "tough on gun control" to placate some ill informed but loud minority group, what's next? Banning hand loading? Lever actions? Military looking rifles? Licencing air guns?

I really don't know what the answer is - we've lost so much ground over the years and will continue to do so unless there is some sort of cataclysmic shake up in politics and those that control the media.
THIS!!!!

I don't think people are grasping what has been achieved by the government here, this is a precedent. There was no incident driving this and previously the government only 'dared' to ban things through having a 'good reason' to sell it to the public e.g. Hungerford, Dunblane. Now the de riguer is that they can claim that terrorists/criminals MIGHT want to get hold or particular guns, and provide NO evidence that this is the case, they can effectively now just work down a list every couple of years and cross off various guns/actions/sports/uses etc. And wobitide an actual large scale incident happens. In conclusion. We are f**ked. :cry:
DVC
Site Supporter Since 2015

#47 Post by 1066 »

Here's another worrying (and surprising) example of political manoeuvring.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-euro ... LxIEkxzQSI
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#48 Post by dromia »

See here for the discussion about this: https://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35899

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/