Reassessment of TVP

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
jimbo303

Re: Reassessment of TVP

#11 Post by jimbo303 »

Well the month has well and truly passed and nothing back even by way of an email or telephone call - that has been requested on 2 ocassions.

Latest phone call I made informed me of the office move on Wednesday - tomorrow, and that would cause some delays.

Apparently they are now down to 2 FLO's in the office - I'm assuming these were the 2 who had leave at the same time when I called for an update after 2 weeks.....
Advised last years express New Slot was when they had an FLO dedicated to Variations - this is no longer the case.
Text messages - not sure but he thought it was only for renewals and grants...

Politely expressed my disapointment with the service in relation to what I had experienced in last 9 months or so, and I was assured that my docs would be taken out of "pending" and given to an Officer to review. Pending after a Month ?!

But in an upside to Grants and Variations - was assured the Early Renewals they are inviting are handled out of main Office Hours as overtime and not impacting on grants, variations and standard renewals - Overtime and the associated costs !!!??

Thankfully the vendor is all too aware of their nuances.

Not good at all........
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#12 Post by kennyc »

jimbo303 wrote:Well the month has well and truly passed and nothing back even by way of an email or telephone call - that has been requested on 2 ocassions.

Latest phone call I made informed me of the office move on Wednesday - tomorrow, and that would cause some delays.

Apparently they are now down to 2 FLO's in the office - I'm assuming these were the 2 who had leave at the same time when I called for an update after 2 weeks.....
Advised last years express New Slot was when they had an FLO dedicated to Variations - this is no longer the case.
Text messages - not sure but he thought it was only for renewals and grants...

Politely expressed my disapointment with the service in relation to what I had experienced in last 9 months or so, and I was assured that my docs would be taken out of "pending" and given to an Officer to review. Pending after a Month ?!

But in an upside to Grants and Variations - was assured the Early Renewals they are inviting are handled out of main Office Hours as overtime and not impacting on grants, variations and standard renewals - Overtime and the associated costs !!!??

Thankfully the vendor is all too aware of their nuances.

Not good at all........
well that would explain the delay in my renewal then, they arent paying overtime! wallhead
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#13 Post by shugie »

The overtime might explain why, to my great surprise, I received an email response on a Sunday morning to an email sent to them the previous day.
Careful now/that sort of thing
Alpha1

#14 Post by Alpha1 »

TVP ? No idea what you are talking about.
Polchraine

#15 Post by Polchraine »

I recently suggested to a Met Police FEO that they could do some sub-contract work or maybe training - the smile he gave, said a lot!

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#16 Post by kennyc »

Alpha1 wrote:TVP ? No idea what you are talking about.
no change there then :p
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#17 Post by GeeRam »

Polchraine wrote:I recently suggested to a Met Police FEO that they could do some sub-contract work or maybe training - the smile he gave, said a lot!
lol
jimbo303

#18 Post by jimbo303 »

Update shortly...... everything crossed !
Blackstuff

#19 Post by Blackstuff »

GeeRam wrote:
jimbo303 wrote: I am applying for a lever Action Rifle - given the calibre of one person I spoke with who advised, maybe contrary to regs that both FLO's were on leave, I would not be surprised that someone might have interpreted it as Lever Release..... straight to the bottom of the pile !
How will they know its a lever action?

Surely application is for a rifle of 'xx' calibre, and thats it, there being no mention of the action?
Some forces require you to specify the action of a gun, despite it not being a requirement of the legislation, especially if you ask for more than one of the same calibre.
DVC
jimbo303

#20 Post by jimbo303 »

Well got the Variation back at last !
Spoke to a very helpful lady who said she would chase up and call back and did almost instantly advising it would go in the post that day. They are clearly low on resources there, but the good news is that their move went well and all seem to be settled in without any major hiccups.

For anyone else waiting a variation etc. I would suggest a gentle nudge on a regular basis.

And yes - picked up new rifle today !