Merseyside Police carry out inspection at Anfield gun club

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

Re: Merseyside Police carry out inspection at Anfield gun cl

#121 Post by Les »

Our club is on track to accept around 50 members from APC. We have already started running induction courses, so if another few clubs do the same, then the FAC holders from APC who need a new 'home club' will all be accommodated. :good:
Sim G
Past Supporter

#122 Post by Sim G »

Good job! Well done, that club.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
MistAgain

#123 Post by MistAgain »

Les wrote:Our club is on track to accept around 50 members from APC. We have already started running induction courses, so if another few clubs do the same, then the FAC holders from APC who need a new 'home club' will all be accommodated. :good:
Great work ! Its good to hear that clubs can help each other out.

Now if only the other local clubs to take that many members .
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#124 Post by IainWR »

Sim G wrote:
Chapuis wrote: There is no small print sub-note anywhere on the certificate or any other form of additional condition specifically requiring me to belong to a Home Office approved club. A club yes, but no mention of it having to be a H.O. approved club. Now it may be an oversight on their part but the way that I understand it when you receive your certificate by signing the certificate you are in effect agreeing to be bound by the conditions on that certificate. You can not possibly be ageing to being bound to a condition that isn't actually there.

The requirement to be a member of a Home Office approved club is mandated through primary legislation, namely s44(1) Firearms Amendment Act 1997. This is also noted in the latest Home Office Guidance, para 13.49.
^ what SimG said ...
MistAgain

#125 Post by MistAgain »

Ten shootings in Merseyside during the past week .

Hopefully those responsible will hand in the firearms during the current amnesty .
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#126 Post by Mattnall »

MistAgain wrote:Ten shootings in Merseyside during the past week .

Hopefully those responsible will hand in the firearms during the current amnesty .
:good:
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

#127 Post by HH1 »

I was at Aintree last night for the first time since Rodger had his HO Approval revoked.

In the 15 years that I have been a member, I have never seen so many cars outside, road was full right to the end..... the reason?
Because.... the SOTCIS club (Cowboy Action Group) were having a meet & greet / recruitment event for people interested in joining their club.
There must have been about 20+ people wanting to join up including many familiar faces...... SOTCIS are only taking existing FAC holders. Thankfully some other clubs have been able to help FAC holders let down by the situation with APC.
MistAgain

#130 Post by MistAgain »

Another merseyside gun club was "raided" by the police last friday .

The exact number of police , feo's , armed responce , fire brigade , and strange men in suits involved could not be establshed, but was believed to be in the region of 20+