Thames Valley Police Standardised Medical Form

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: Thames Valley Police Standardised Medical Form

#71 Post by kennyc »

Dark Skies wrote:
GeeRam wrote:
Dark Skies wrote:Turns out they reckon a variation will take sixty days.
60 days......! wallhead

The Met Police usually turn them around in 1-2 weeks.
How they do it where I'm headed in the not too distant future.

It’s a process that Leon Moore, the store manager at Outdoor Emporium, said can be tedious.
“I tell them to plan on at least a half-an-hour,”

https://mynorthwest.com/1324687/washing ... g-process/?
my early renewal still seems to be bimbling on nicely , I think its 6 months so far, and I was 2 years early :p my Swiss Waffenerwerbschein on the other hand took 6 weeks (the locals get a 10 day turn around)
Racalman
Home club or Range: LPSC and NRA

#72 Post by Racalman »

Dark Skies wrote:
Racalman wrote:
Dark Skies wrote:I needed to sort out power of attorney for my mum lest she descends into dementia some time in the future. I needed a declaration to say mum was of sound mind - you need two if going for both welfare AND fianance even though it's the same declaration in one appointment 2 x £75.
I didn't know that was a requirement for an LPA. It needs to be signed by a "certificate provider", which is someone who confirms that you understand what the LPA is and haven’t been put under any pressure to sign it. They must be someone you know well or a professional such as a doctor or solicitor, but they charge so we got a friend to do it for us when we made our LPAs.
Essentially that's what the certificate is for; to satisfy that the donor isn't signing under duress and understands its purpose. But if the donor is on the cusp of dementia they can't attest to that and a doctor won't witness it. Mum doesn't know many people now. They mostly dead or too senile. And getting witnesses is problematical. She's not keen on people she doesn't know. It's difficult in her / my case.
It was the doc or the solicitor and my experiences with most solicitors is they're slow, lazy and EXPENSIVE hacks. The key word here being expensive - the government want £80 a pop for each form on top. They could produce a third one which covered both but why would they deliberately lose revenue?
Parasites the lot of 'em. Looking after the elderly is an expensive and thankless task in Britain.
OK understood, and yes I agree about solicitors.
Polchraine

#73 Post by Polchraine »

Dark Skies wrote:
Racalman wrote:
Dark Skies wrote: It was the doc or the solicitor and my experiences with most solicitors is they're slow, lazy and EXPENSIVE hacks.
When my brother and I wanted a signature form a solicitors - tied in with our mother, he did it "free", it only took two minutes however it also needed an independent "Commissioner of Oaths" whom we had to swear in front of and he was just across the road. His fee for the two was just £5 ...

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#74 Post by Dark Skies »

Polchraine wrote: When my brother and I wanted a signature form a solicitors - tied in with our mother, he did it "free", it only took two minutes however it also needed an independent "Commissioner of Oaths" whom we had to swear in front of and he was just across the road. His fee for the two was just £5 ...
Our last solicitor would have charged you £175 for pointing you in the direction of a Commissioner of Oaths.
I think we're all straying wayyyyy from the topic of this post.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Polchraine

#75 Post by Polchraine »

Dark Skies wrote:
Polchraine wrote: When my brother and I wanted a signature form a solicitors - tied in with our mother, he did it "free", it only took two minutes however it also needed an independent "Commissioner of Oaths" whom we had to swear in front of and he was just across the road. His fee for the two was just £5 ...
Our last solicitor would have charged you £175 for pointing you in the direction of a Commissioner of Oaths.
I think we're all straying wayyyyy from the topic of this post.
Possibly, although it does show how these "professional" groups can get away with charging exhorbitant fees for doing ****-all.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Blackstuff

#76 Post by Blackstuff »

mag41uk wrote:To follow up to my earlier post.
Had an email a couple of weeks back asking for 3 years of shooting records, copy of fac and evidence of main club membership.
Duly sent off.
Had a call from local FEO today who asked a few questions regarding storage/security and blackpowder use.
We had a very amicable chat and he said he was happy to process the renewal without a visit. And I got a couple of variations too.
Cant grumble.
You should grumble, its yet more responsibility shirking from the FLD! Its THEIR job to inspect attendance records of clubs, not yours to get them from your club and give to them. If they aren't even bothering to check with the club, how do they know what you're giving them isn't just made up? Its not like there is a proper pro-forma to fill in for that sort of thing that has to be signed by a club official etc ****
DVC